Misc WFC/Wifii Banning For Flash Cards

PersonInCheck

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
11
Country
United States
After looking through countless topics and rumors, I'd like some confirmation.
So far I think from what I hear... Nintendo tries its best to limit Flash card marketing.
Most bans on Nintendo products would be on the Wii or for A/P on games.

But like, do they ban you for going on Wifi/WFC while using a Flash Card/ROMs.
I.E. If you're running a Pokemon rom on your R4/M3 or what-not, do they check for game serials, and Ban your DS/Mac Address if they find something suspcious?

biggrin.gif
Thanks for your answers in advance.
 
Im no Expert or anything so far, from experience now of the games i play of wifi i been ban on
that goes for some of the latest games

So i feel that you have nothing to be worried about.
 
Maybe you can get banned for pokemon if you have pokemon with irregular stat distribution such as 999 for everything. Then maybe they can get banned... I should experiment.
 
Brocktree said:
Maybe you can get banned for pokemon if you have pokemon with irregular stat distribution such as 999 for everything. Then maybe they can get banned... I should experiment.

I am fairly sure that the server just won't let you use that pokemon as opposed to actually banning. They also don't seem to ban for cheating in private games, only public ones (at least on Brawl and Mario Kart). Probably because with private games, the other player can just delete your friend code.
 
people freak out wayyyy too much

its impossible for Nintendo servers to detect if your game is a rom or a cart- as LONG as it is a clean rom, (or even a clean hack) the thought won't even cross the servers mind.

guys, its nintendo, they JUST started this online thing. Why to you expect so much from them?
 
I've never heard of people getting banned for using flashcarts/modchips on Nintendo products.
But I have heard of people getting banned from WFC for cheating with MarioKart: Wii and putting cheated Pokémon on the GTC...
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted