Were to buy cheap CycloDS in the EC

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by wiiluver135, Sep 26, 2009.

Sep 26, 2009
  1. wiiluver135
    OP

Member wiiluver135 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So since the real R4DS are hard to find now I think it's time for me to just get a CycloDS, but my problem is I have no idea where to start, I use to get my stuff from NPXGame but as you can clearly see they have closed up shop. Can anyone help me out and tell me the best places to get a new REAL cyclo ds for cheap in the east coast?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Cheap and local don't mix I'm afraid. If you want cheap, you'll have to buy from a overseas shop and suffer long shipping times and poorer service.
    The best East Coast shop I can recommend is www.realhotstuff.com
    They have affordable prices, great customer service, and you will get your product in just a few days even with the cheapest shipping option. (RHS is located in New Jersey)

3. kiwovo

Member kiwovo GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    guy above me means they have free shipping for US
    for some countries , like mine , they charge over 35$ for shipping!
    which is weird cause they don't have to ship EMS they can also ship regular 10$ shipping..
    but u have to get the EMS that's overpriced and not fair..
    oh well.. at least i got my cyclods

4. wiiluver135
    OP

Member wiiluver135 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    wow...okay thanks guys, I'll just have to save up a little more then, but thanks [​IMG]

5. Darkcloak

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    I bought mine from realhotstuff and got my cyclo in 3-4 days. It was around $87 but I bought an extra 4gb microSD.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No no no. Never buy a microSD from a flash cart dealer, you always get ripped off.
    Use an online retailer like www.newegg.com for cheap microSDs.

7. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    I've never heard of a "cheap" Cyclo DS that wasn't fake. CycloDS Evo is the most expensive flash cart that uses external memory.

Which kind of makes me wonder why you're wanting a Cyclo because you can't find an R4. Which to me sounds like "I can't find the cheap one so I guess I want the expensive one"

Anyways, the only site I know that sells them is http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29384
    And the price is pretty steep considering Cyclos were $50-$60 2 years ago. >_>
    Even if there's free shipping (Have to wait like near-2 weeks :/ )
    You might have luck if you can email customer support and ask if they can do price matching if it isn't already on their site/store policy somewhere.

But CycloDS is for stupid people. Not saying that CycloDS users are stupid, I mean that you'll spend more time playing games than patching them while waiting on a firmware fix. With the exception of games that use new forms of saving and anti-piracy like DragonQuest 9, GTA, Mario and Luigi 3 (Even though they work now), ect...
    I consider myself stupid for getting CycloDS because I'm missing out on what other people have to do to play games. I never had to jump through hoops to learn to arm7 patch my games or whatever its called, so when people talk about patches I'm all "lolwut?". Like taking the recent Kingdom Hearts game, while I'm playing my Kingdom Hearts, people are getting frustrated because they have to patch it, or hex-edit, and cant figure it out, so I get left out and I get sad :<
    If only I had bought another flashcart, I could join their frustration. [​IMG]

8. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Same here. We Cyclo users are missing out so much on the community spirit. Why did I buy this cart in the first place. TT___TT

9. icetrix

Newcomer icetrix Newbie

Netherlands
  10. Frog

Member Frog GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i completely agree, how dare they make life easy for us! its an outrage!!!

11. blainy

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia

how dare they let us run unpatched, unmodified roms on their hardware..........oh, how i wish i could travel back in time, get myself an r4, and then get noob bashed forever after for buying R4 and always haveing to ask how do i run "rom X", its not working, make it work for me right now...

12. claudekennilol

Member claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    FYI, just so you know, Deal Extreme is back ordered or something on the CycloDSs right now. I ordered a second one for my fiance a month ago and it still hasn't been shipped.

13. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
  14. hsace

Newcomer hsace Advanced Member

United States
  15. Bulit

Member Bulit GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want a real r4 go to consolesource.com. It's one of the recommended sites Direct Link
    Edit:
    If you wan't a cyclods (Link)

16. hsace

Newcomer hsace Advanced Member

United States
    WOW, someone can still sell R4 for $14.95 plus shipping?

DX and 0Shippingzone are selling them for less than $6.

Never mind about the price for CycloDS. You are paying too much to this sponsored site. You may as well buying them from other sponsored sites. They are cheaper than consolesource for sure.