Gaming Well, the PSP is screwed (Soul Calibur Related)

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
(via the PSPWiki)

QUOTE said:
This really isn't "Wiki News" but seeing as there is a traffic increase with the wiki, I figured it will fit here: The forums are closed down due to expenses. Dark-Alex isn't leaving the scene or forgetting about us. So please don't have the "mental image" that he's ditched us for good. The forums are only down, the rest of the network isn't. If you have any issues, feel free to contact the staff throughout the network.

DrLitebur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current news on Soul Caliber is this: If you have a PSP Phat (PSP-1001) and 5.50 GEN-B CFW, you enable the Boot from Bin option in the advanced options in your recovery menu, and it will run with the Euro version of SC. No workaround for the Slims (PSP 2001) as of yet, but I am hoping someone with more knowledge will take up the cause, and help all of us Slim owners get the opportunity to play this game.

BTW, what it does for the Slim owners is gets to the loading screens for the matches, and then displays 4 numbers (in my case, 8701), where the "Now Loading" should be.

hondamust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game works fine with 5.5 gen b on a psp 1000 not a slim. All you have to do is go to recovery configuration select -umd mode-m33 driver
use vsh menu -enabled

then go to advanced- advanced configuration and change plain modules in umb to enable
and change execute boot.bin to enable

exit now game works perfect this only works on psp 1000 not a slim.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrLitebur said:
BTW, what it does for the Slim owners is gets to the loading screens for the matches, and then displays 4 numbers (in my case, 8701), where the "Now Loading" should be.
I get 8761. I don't expect that a workaround will be released until after the USA version of the game is.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
DrLitebur said:
I get 8761. I don't expect that a workaround will be released until after the USA version of the game is.
That would only be a minimum of two days. IIRC the game comes out September 1 in the US.

I wonder why it's different for the slim.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I. I run a TA-088v2, and I wouldn't discount that as a factor for why it won't run on mine. I looked up 8761 and it doesn't seem to be an error number.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is technically good news i guess, seeing as its playable, theres a good chance itll get patched or something soon. (Some people on another site are posting all the error codes, and talking about a possible CWCheat fix to stop the code line that checks for the UMD). I wonder what FW the U.S version will require though....seeing as the Jap and Eur versions had 2 different ones

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magimog said:
I CA'NT BELIVE ALL THIS CRAP THATS' GONiG ON!!!!

Frist off ai buye a psp slim thnking that i ahve the best psp ever and i'Ve been waiting MONTHS for Soul Calibur to come out and i kno that yu ppl are gunna say taht ive ned to be patiant but DAMMIT I ca'nt take ti no more i wnat it nao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
mad.gif
mad.gif
wacko.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
I alrady through my psp after updating to 55.5 genb adn the umd door is crack o wel I mite sell it anyways screw tis crap

[/status quo]

Calm down people.

Hahaha, pretty good. Is there some kind of english-to-troll version of babelfish that you run that through?

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
Well, Soul Calibur has been leaked, and its 5.55 OFW......and to top it off, Dark Alex closed down his site today......man the PSP is screwed.... T.T (Dont want to wait 1 month and 6 days to play Soul Calibur.....)

drama whore. dark-alex has not left the scene. they just closed the forum. his wiki is still active and notice the latest post

http://alek.dark-alex.org/pspwiki/index.ph...ommunity_Portal

QUOTE08-26-2009 - The forums has been closed due to expenses. The rest of the network is still in business as well as Dark-Alex and the rest of M33.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And the Euopean release doesn´t need FW 5.55
wink.gif
it contains the 5.00 FW update.
t0hriu.jpg

Dunno why they done it like this but good for us
smile.gif

EDIT: But there seems to be a problem with PSP Slim´s.
Some info for get it working :
Advanced > Advanced Configuration > Plain modules in UMD/ISO (currently: Enabled)
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO (currently: Enabled)

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I got 8751. My mistake.

I can also confirm that I get identical results on 5.00 M33-6.

[Edit]What program is that?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i tested the game now unfortunatly the game runs only with 5.50 Gen B (totally buggy in my opinion but only FW that actually runs the game the others are hanging while loading a match).
Anyway the game is nice even if i expected a bit more from it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1