Hacking Well...I just bricked...r4i deluxe

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I drop back to firmware 2.01b, will my EmuNand still work correctly (i.e the saves) or will I have to create a fresh EmuNand?

not sure if the emuNAND would work correctly as 2.01b emuNAND was for the earlier firmware. the saves should work ok but i'd doubt you could get online, just backup all saves just in case.......................sudeki300

Ryan Huang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I drop back to firmware 2.01b, will my EmuNand still work correctly (i.e the saves) or will I have to create a fresh EmuNand?

As far as what I know, your EmuNand doesn't have much to do with the launcher, the launcher only re-direct you to the EmuNand plus the GW functions (play rom or play retail in classic mode). Saves should be no different for whichever version of the launcher, think about all the saves you kept in SD card. The only time that the save you stored in your sd card doesn't work would be you download a rom for the same game, but rom you first played and the new rom of the same game were dump from different retail card. as far as save, you should be more concern if you download the same game from multiple sites, now you don't know which save is good for which rom.

COLD_SNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you use a newer emuNAND than 6.3 with 2.0b1, you will lose some features like region free for carts and roms.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
saves and emunand will work on 2.01b but be prepared for crashes/unable to save properly (common problem) if you really dont use emunand right now roll back even further to 1.2

EDIT: Ignore this post, posted here thought the person was last post well it was yesterday didn't go to last page.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your saves will still work with 2.01b, although I don't think 2.01b even has Emunand, so you might only be able to firmware spoof to play games.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You have a few options. None of which will be free unfortunately unless you are able to fool Nintendo into fixing it if it's under warranty.

1.You should first try and end the 3DS to Nintendo for repair if it's still under warranty. Of coarse you should not mention that you used a flashcart on it. Just tell them the power went off during a system update or something. I've heard Nintendo has no way of accessing the contents of a bricked console. They'll probably just replace the whole console. This likely means they'll send you back a 3DS with the latest firmware, so say goodby to running 3DS mode flashcarts on it.

1.5. If step one was successful and you got a working console back from Nintendo. It will have latest firmware. If you still want to run a 3DS flashcart on it, you can sell it on eBay or similar site for a much higher price then you could with a bricked/non working console. Thus replacing it with a new 3DS that does have 4.5 or older firmware won't cost near as much and might be cheaper then paying $100 to Gateway to fix it. If however they refuse to fix it for any reason, then you must proceed with the last two options.

2. Sell bricked console on eBay for parts. Even bricked 3DS should sell for a somewhat decent price as it can be used for parts. Then use that to discount the cost of buying a new console to replace it.

3. Buy a Gateway. Once you receive it, send the 3DS to them for repair along with the gateway red card and any other things from that they require as per their instructions. Be sure to wipe your SD card (not the MicroSd card, the one in the SD slot for the 3DS) and put the gateway launcher on it. Don't be dumb and leave the one from your clone on it. Then they should fix it for you. You only really have to pay for shipping it to them.

However if they find out that the clone was the cause of the brick they may still fix it, but will charge you $100 or something to get it back. Which may be a cheaper solution for you as you may end up spending more replacing the console anyways. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In other news GeForce experience is still shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In other news GeForce experience is still shit