Homebrew RELEASE Welcome to the official TinfoilWebServer thread

jycai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,
Jycai, it looks like for some reason, authentication header is getting removed somewhere (Haproxy or pfsense, but I don't know those tools).
HxxP => HttP ?
How do you test ? With Tinfoil or with a Web browser ?
If WebBrowserAuthEnabled is enabled, it is normal to have a "Request [...]is missing authentication header" log for the first request only.
That must be an issue with haproxy, after I bypass haproxy and change port from 8282 to 5000, there are no more missing header errors. I test it both in Tinfoil and a Web browser.

Haproxy offloads Let's Encrypt to take care the HTTPS for my host websites. Since I bypass haproxy, now I need to setup HTTS in TinfoilWebServer. Can I use Let's Encrypt? What is the easiest way to to that? Sorry I am not familiar with kestrel at all.

MysterTee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That must be an issue with haproxy, after I bypass haproxy and change port from 8282 to 5000, there are no more missing header errors. I test it both in Tinfoil and a Web browser.

Haproxy offloads Let's Encrypt to take care the HTTPS for my host websites. Since I bypass haproxy, now I need to setup HTTS in TinfoilWebServer. Can I use Let's Encrypt? What is the easiest way to to that? Sorry I am not familiar with kestrel at all.
Of course you can use let's encrypt, this is probably one of the easiest free solution.
For the process I can't explain better than Microsoft here (or Google for some tutorials).

tranthuong

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
When I log in I always get this error: Request [0HN229NJOO8E8:0000000B] rejected for user "Ryan123": password incorrect.
Someone help me :(
Post automatically merged:

When I log in I always get this error: Request [0HN229NJOO8E8:0000000B] rejected for user "Ryan123": password incorrect.
Some one help me :(

JarJarBlinkz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone help me :(
Post automatically merged:

Some one help me :(
just turn off authentication and it will work i have the same issue

"Authentication": {
"Enabled": false,
"WebBrowserAuthEnabled": false,
"PwdType": "Sha256",

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!