Homebrew RELEASE Welcome to the official TinfoilWebServer thread

MysterTee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks again for your continuing support! It's greatly appreciated.

Regarding edit 3: it is true the are xcz files not showing, but also multiple nsp files fail to show. In my photo "A Highland song" and "Adore" for example.

Thanks again!
This is strange, I would suggest you to browse your server from a Web browser (entering the same URL as the one from Tinfoil ex: http://somehostorip:someport) in order to view the served JSON index (if necessary, set "WebBrowserAuthEnabled" to true). By doing so you will be able to easily search among served files (CTRL+F) if "A Highland song" is present.

Reactions: GregNL

GregNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is strange, I would suggest you to browse your server from a Web browser (entering the same URL as the one from Tinfoil ex: http://somehostorip:someport) in order to view the served JSON index (if necessary, set "WebBrowserAuthEnabled" to true). By doing so you will be able to easily search among served files (CTRL+F) if "A Highland song" is present.
Done. The file(s) are present there. 😅😓 Have a look at the attached files.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-11-00-34-37-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-11-00-34-37-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_2024-01-11-00-34-55-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-11-00-34-55-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by GregNL,

GregNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, but when a game is installed it doesn't shows any more in new games...
Oh, really?! lol :rofl2: Wow. I never realised that! But it sounds very logical indeed. Thanks for the enlightment! :bow:
I guess all is working as it should then! :toot:

Thanks a lot for the support.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, but when a game is installed it doesn't shows any more in new games...
Hi!

I managed to find another question :D : My server has Games, Updates and DLC. When I install a game from New Games and I tell Tinfoil to also install the latest update and DLC, it just installs the base game. No DLC and no Update.
How do I setup the Server, my Files and/or Tinfoil that he will?
After the base game is installed I can install the DLC and update because they show in New Updates and New DLC, but I'd rather see Tinfoil install it immediately.

Thanks!

Last edited by GregNL,
  • Haha
Reactions: MysterTee

MysterTee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, really?! lol :rofl2: Wow. I never realised that! But it sounds very logical indeed. Thanks for the enlightment! :bow:
I guess all is working as it should then! :toot:

Thanks a lot for the support.
Post automatically merged:

Hi!

I managed to find another question :D : My server has Games, Updates and DLC. When I install a game from New Games and I tell Tinfoil to also install the latest update and DLC, it just installs the base game. No DLC and no Update.
How do I setup the Server, my Files and/or Tinfoil that he will?
After the base game is installed I can install the DLC and update because they show in New Updates and New DLC, but I'd rather see Tinfoil install it immediately.

Thanks!
I can't reproduce this problem, when I install a title with "Include DLC" and "Include Updates", latest available update and dlcs are queued for installation. I've no idea where your problem comes from...

MysterTee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
One more question from your biggest fan :rofl2:

Google Drive folders. Are these possible? I read some stuff and thought this might work:
"ServedDirectories": [ "/volume1/web/MySwitchGamesFolder", "https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/MyDriveHere" ],
but it seems not to.
"Files":
doesn't do the trick too.

Is it possible and if so, how?

Thanks!
Hello my BF!
"ServedDirectories" setting can't be use for this purpose (but indeed it would be logical).
Since v2, I introduced a CustomIndex override mechanism which should help you to achieve what you want.
This mechanism allows to override any of the Tinfoil's documented index property here.
I let you try to make it work waiting for your feedback, good luck!

Last edited by MysterTee,
  • Haha

GregNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello my BF!
"ServedDirectories" setting can't be use for this purpose (but indeed it would be logical).
Since v2, I introduced a CustomIndex override mechanism which should help you to achieve what you want.
This mechanism allows to override any of the Tinfoil's documented index property here.
I let you try to make it work waiting for your feedback, good luck!

Hi again. :)

So, you're saying this should work in TinfoilWebServer, without the use of rustfoil, tinson, a index.tfl etc.? I'm afraid I'm not tech savvy enough to figure this out :( Would you be so kind to tell me something more, or what to search for?

I've tried multiple things, like adding
"CustomIndexPath": "/volume1/web_packages/custom_index",
to your TinfoilWebServer.config.json and putting an index.tfl in that folder, containing
{
"files": ["https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/MYDRIVEID],
"directories": ["gdrive:MYDRIVEID"],
"success": "Custom Index worked!"
}

That didn't do anything though. It didn't break anything too, but it I assume the .tfl isn't merged at all.
Does anyone have some info for me, or things to try to get this to work?

I also don't understand the code design, putting another .json somewhere else, then merging it with the 'main' json. Why can't all code be in the main file? Where can I read more about this design?

Also, after mounting my Google Drive folder to my NAS and then adding these to index.tfl also didn't do it
"files": ["/volume1/google://[email protected]/My Drive/switch" ],
"directories": ["/volume1/google://[email protected]/My Drive/switch" ],

The Google Drive folder is visible/mounted correctly on my NAS though. Also adding
"ServedDirectories": [ "/volume1/web/games", "/volume1/google://[email protected]/My Drive/switch" ]
to TinfoilWebServer.config.json didn't do it.

I really hoped something like this would do the trick to be honest. But it did not.

Thanks for any help in the right direction in advance !!! :)

Last edited by GregNL,

jycai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work!
Everything is working from LAN and Internet, except this:
If I change Authentication "Enabled" to True, TinfoilWeServer keep generating this error:

[W]: Request [0HN1242E49DP1:00000001] is missing authentication header.

It works from LAN, but shows 503 Service unavailable from Internet. Any idea why this happen?

GregNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great work!
Everything is working from LAN and Internet, except this:
If I change Authentication "Enabled" to True, TinfoilWeServer keep generating this error:

[W]: Request [0HN1242E49DP1:00000001] is missing authentication header.

It works from LAN, but shows 503 Service unavailable from Internet. Any idea why this happen?
Except setting this to true, have you defined the user (s) and their password (s) further up on the code?

jycai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except setting this to true, have you defined the user (s) and their password (s) further up on the code?
Yes I did. It displayed a pop up window for the ID/Password from LAN as expected.
My router is pfsense, HxxPS is setup with Haproxy offload, I wonder if that causes the Authentication error...
My Setup:
Internet (WAN address ---> pfsense Haproxy (WAN address 443 -> LAN address 8282) ---> TimfoilWebServer(LAN address 8282)

GregNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I did. It displayed a pop up window for the ID/Password from LAN as expected.
My router is pfsense, HxxPS is setup with Haproxy offload, I wonder if that causes the Authentication error...
My Setup:
Internet (WAN address ---> pfsense Haproxy (WAN address 443 -> LAN address 8282) ---> TimfoilWebServer(LAN address 8282)
Port forward setting on your router are o.k.?
Do you use plain text password or hashed?
Can you try temp disable the Haproxy to check if that's causing the issue?

jycai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Port forward setting on your router are o.k.?
Do you use plain text password or hashed?
Can you try temp disable the Haproxy to check if that's causing the issue?
It works fine from internet if I turn off the Authentication, so Port forward is not the problem. I also turn off the firewall at my TinfoilWebServer computer.
I tried both plain text password and hashed the result is the same.
If I bypass Haproxy and NAT the port 8282 in pfsense to TinfoilWebServer, it said the site can't be reached!???

For now, I just turn off the Authentication and it works fine from internet, the speed is great at about 15M/s.

GregNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It works fine from internet if I turn off the Authentication, so Port forward is not the problem. I also turn off the firewall at my TinfoilWebServer computer.
I tried both plain text password and hashed the result is the same.
If I bypass Haproxy and NAT the port 8282 in pfsense to TinfoilWebServer, it said the site can't be reached!???

For now, I just turn off the Authentication and it works fine from internet, the speed is great at about 15M/s.

Hmm... ok. I'm out of ideas :)
Maybe my bestie :P Mystertee knows a solution.

Auth is set like this I suppose?

"Authentication": {
"Enabled": true,
"WebBrowserAuthEnabled": true,

jycai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... ok. I'm out of ideas :)
Maybe my bestie :P Mystertee knows a solution.

Auth is set like this I suppose?

"Authentication": {
"Enabled": true,
"WebBrowserAuthEnabled": true,
Exactly.
BTW, did you see that missing authentication header error message when you start TinfoilWebServer?

GregNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Exactly.
BTW, did you see that missing authentication header error message when you start TinfoilWebServer?
When I log on I did get this logged:

2024-01-31T16:45:21 [W]: Request [0HN0MGGEQOMEJ:00000001] is missing authentication header.

But using my login info I do get in fine.

jycai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I log on I did get this logged:

2024-01-31T16:45:21 [W]: Request [0HN0MGGEQOMEJ:00000001] is missing authentication header.

But using my login info I do get in fine.
I finally got it to work with HxxP and ID/Password(Plaintext) from Internet by NAT WAN adress:8282 to LAN address:8282 in pfsense. Haproxy is bypassed.
If I change HxxP to HxxPS, it won't work, but I can live with that for now.

MysterTee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,
Jycai, it looks like for some reason, authentication header is getting removed somewhere (Haproxy or pfsense, but I don't know those tools).
HxxP => HttP ?
How do you test ? With Tinfoil or with a Web browser ?
If WebBrowserAuthEnabled is enabled, it is normal to have a "Request [...]is missing authentication header" log for the first request only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol