Gaming Weirdest thing happend while playing soul silver

Nathan576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was running though grass chasing Suicune and all of the sudden Raikou poped up so I used sleep on him and caught it. I think that deserves a fuck yeah.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sword414 said:
I thought those "run-away" legendary pokemon still run away even if you Sleep or Freeze it...?

I think he meant he used Sleep to make it more catchable not to stop it running away?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Fuck Yeah for you then
wink.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ZonMachi said:
sword414 said:
I thought those "run-away" legendary pokemon still run away even if you Sleep or Freeze it...?

I think he meant he used Sleep to make it more catchable not to stop it running away?
erm no...
they are sleeping... THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES

Mean look/sleep makes them stay... At least I hope the gamefreak guys did not freak out while programming starting stroking some mutated things - first it would not make sense if a thing that is SLEEPING could run away. (unless it awakes)

second it would just piss off the players badly.

(I e - on old days with crystal sleep/mean look keeps them around)

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
before clicking on thi thread i could swear i was gonna read: so, i wuz playin SS wen it froze leik wtf!

so congrats, for posting a decent SS thread

and anyway... Fuck Yeah!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I ran into Entei today near Olivine. I had repels on, so when it came up, I was all "WTF?!?!" Then I remember that they do that. I only got to attack him with Swift, since I have Typhlosion, and Fire is not good against Fire.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
lol fuck yeah!
A few hours ago i caught lugia using 68 Ultra balls
tongue.gif
fuck yeah!
68 masterballs? A lot. So are Lugia and Ho-oh tougher to catch than Dialga and Palkia in Platinum? they were so easy. Pushovers. I caught them with only half of their health gone. I was actually disappointed, I thought it would be a challenge.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
ZonMachi said:
sword414 said:

erm no...
they are sleeping... THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES

Mean look/sleep makes them stay... At least I hope the gamefreak guys did not freak out while programming starting stroking some mutated things - first it would not make sense if a thing that is SLEEPING could run away. (unless it awakes)

I don't understand how a Pokemon could get out of a Pokeball if they are sleeping.

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:

Running legendaries CAN flee when asleep. This has occurred since Ruby/Sapphire (but not G/S/C).

bik75 said:
QUOTE(Rockstar @ Mar 20 2010, 01:16 PM) lol fuck yeah!
A few hours ago i caught lugia using 68 Ultra balls
tongue.gif
fuck yeah!
68 masterballs? A lot. So are Lugia and Ho-oh tougher to catch than Dialga and Palkia in Platinum? they were so easy. Pushovers. I caught them with only half of their health gone. I was actually disappointed, I thought it would be a challenge.

Dialga and Palkia have a catch rate ten times higher than other legendaries, probably because you must battle them to advance the storyline. They have a 94% chance to be caught in a Dusk Ball at 1 HP asleep/frozen, as opposed to 9.4% with other legendaries.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
9.4? No wonder catching Lugia took me about 15 attempts earlier. And that's 15 resets. Got him on critical health using ultra balls and he just wasn't having any of it. On the final run he KO'd all but one of my 'mon (Weepinbell) who got lucky and hit him with Sleep Powder followed by a Great Ball and Lugia finally gave up. Now I got Lugi following me around.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
9.4? No wonder catching Lugia took me about 15 attempts earlier. And that's 15 resets. Got him on critical health using ultra balls and he just wasn't having any of it. On the final run he KO'd all but one of my 'mon (Weepinbell) who got lucky and hit him with Sleep Powder followed by a Great Ball and Lugia finally gave up. Now I got Lugi following me around.
Heh I was lucky. I caught Ho-oh, on low health, with just one ultra ball.

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think that Giritina (in Diamond and Pearl) Arceus, and Darkrai had the lowest capture rates if I remember properly
the most amazing capture i made on a legendary was on Cressila. My first great ball captured it at full health

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    talk about a semen demon
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I got logged out of my GBAtemp account. First thing I think: "O SHIT DID I GET BANNED"
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    oh noes!!!!!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good thing you didn't
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: good thing you didn't +1