Weird Wad Problem.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by NintendoPowerGamer, Aug 23, 2018.

1. NintendoPowerGamer
    OP

NintendoPowerGamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Australia
    Hey guys! I’m sorry if I asked a question in the wrong area but... I’ve been installing the WADs for SM64, Majora’s Mask etc. I’m on PAL installing PAL wads. Is it normal for Mario 64 to take me straight to the menu for the languages etc. and I get weird audio from the wads otherwise the wads play fine. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Thanks.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    virtual console channels are emulators with "save state" feature. (at least of NES games, I never tried for N64 games)
    when you exit a game, it create a snapshot of your current position in the game, and launches it back to that exact position next time you launch the game.

THYPLEX likes this.
  3. NintendoPowerGamer
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Australia
    Ah, thanks.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did you also know any of the issues with the audio? Thanks again dude you’re a massive help

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no, sorry, I don't know about the audio.
    if it does for all wads, and all channels, (even system channels like Miimaker) there's a problem on your console. I don't know which one.
    if it does for only injected VC wads, these games are not officially released by nintendo, and maybe the official emulator is not powerful enough to properly emulate the injected ROM.
    it could be none of these options too.

5. NintendoPowerGamer
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Australia
    Thanks bro