TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
(TL;DR at bottom)

So I was playing paper
Mario, and my sd card was almost full, as in it had 20kb of space left. I then put it in sleep mode and it downloaded a title via spot pass. Now, I pressed the home menu button while playing Paper Mario, and my 3ds 'froze'. It sat on the Home Menu for about 2 minutes, with the little banner at the bottom (the one with the 'Open' and 'Manual' buttons) not showing up. The music still played, there was no signs of lag, except that there was no banner and I couldn't move the cursor. After about 2 minutes the 'New software has been downloaded via Spotpass' came up, and the cursor auto-scrolled over to the package. Now after about 10 minutes I can't move my cursor, the music is still playing, the GUI isn't lagging, but I can't open the package, as there is no 'Open' option down the bottom of my screen, and clicking A does nothing. Anyone ever experienced something like this/ know how to fix it?

TL;DR
My 3ds is sitting on Home Menu, not frozen but no 'Play' option and can't move cursor.
(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this thread, I just decided this is where I would get the most answers)

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
(TL;DR at bottom)

So I was playing paper
Mario, and my sd card was almost full, as in it had 20kb of space left. I then put it in sleep mode and it downloaded a title via spot pass. Now, I pressed the home menu button while playing Paper Mario, and my 3ds 'froze'. It sat on the Home Menu for about 2 minutes, with the little banner at the bottom (the one with the 'Open' and 'Manual' buttons) not showing up. The music still played, there was no signs of lag, except that there was no banner and I couldn't move the cursor. After about 2 minutes the 'New software has been downloaded via Spotpass' came up, and the cursor auto-scrolled over to the package. Now after about 10 minutes I can't move my cursor, the music is still playing, the GUI isn't lagging, but I can't open the package, as there is no 'Open' option down the bottom of my screen, and clicking A does nothing. Anyone ever experienced something like this/ know how to fix it?

TL;DR
My 3ds is sitting on Home Menu, not frozen but no 'Play' option and can't move cursor.
(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this thread, I just decided this is where I would get the most answers)
Did you try restarting your 3DS and deleting the spotpass download?

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try restarting your 3DS and deleting the spotpass download?
Thing is, I have about 2 hours of gameplay I don't wanna lose...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This has nothing to do with Homebrew or Emulators.
I know that. Try reading and you would see the message I put at the bottom of my post

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thing is, I have about 2 hours of gameplay I don't wanna lose...

I know that. Try reading and you would see the message I put at the bottom of my post
I understand that, but if it's frozen there's really nothing you can do.

Also, next time, turn off wifi before putting it in sleep mode

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand that, but if it's frozen there's really nothing you can do.

Also, next time, turn off wifi before putting it in sleep mode
Point taken, also I realised that I could just cycle my Sky3DS cause the game auto-saves after every level :P it came up with the game card removed message and everything was fine after that. Even stranger, all my notifications re-notified(?) and have the blue dot beside them.

You're using tldr wrong...
NVM im just blind and tired lol its 3am
Yeah I spelt it wrong the first time anyway and had to edit the post :P

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just free up some space. Are you unable to remove the Spotpass gift icon? I'm sure there's some home menu data or extdata you can remove to fix it (see if it's still there with the SD Card removed?) I really have no idea.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just free up some space. Are you unable to remove the Spotpass gift icon? I'm sure there's some home menu data or extdata you can remove to fix it (see if it's still there with the SD Card removed?) I really have no idea.
I cycled my Sky3DS and the black screen with the "Game card removed" message came up and it was fixed. I opened the package and removed it. Pretty strange..

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
"i have this weird home menu glitch, i turn on my console and i see these messy pixels and flashing screens, and all of a sudden i see some messy unshaven italian looking guy's picture on the top screen? then my 3ds seems to fix itself but then i realize there is a james bond theme and all these games i never paid for, some which don't even exist on the eshop, are all on my home menu"

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"i have this weird home menu glitch, i turn on my console and i see these messy pixels and flashing screens, and all of a sudden i see some messy unshaven italian looking guy's picture on the top screen? then my 3ds seems to fix itself but then i realize there is a james bond theme and all these games i never paid for, some which don't even exist on the eshop, are all on my home menu"
Y U ALWAYS BLACK SCREEN ON MEH.
(I see the rxtools logo and then I get a black screen :( lucky)

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I was using the sd card the comes with it, only 2gb big :( my 64gb one is in my sky3ds

I don't want to sound like a douche, but SDs are dirt cheap nowadays, yesterday got a class 10 32 GB one for 9 € and it works like a charm. I don't care if your 3DS is hombrewed or not. All the free space in the world is not enough.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to sound like a douche, but SDs are dirt cheap nowadays, yesterday got a class 10 32 GB one for 9 € and it works like a charm. I don't care if your 3DS is hombrewed or not. All the free space in the world is not enough.
Just though now would be the time to say I found an old 16gb microSD and I can't find my sd adapter :(

Hehe

I found it

Last edited by TheDuckMan64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs