Hacking Webhack on 5.5.2 (JsTypeHax)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
It's basically an empty post people make to keep track of a thread. The word "tagging/tagged" was traditionally used to meet minimum character counts for a forum post. It's just easier to keep up with a thread if you're reminded of it.
Fortunately, GBATemp has a nice "Watch Thread" button you can use instead of making a useless post!

patrizl001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the screen fades a little before crashing, does that mean it's trying to work? When I click 2 I have to click "reload" before it freezes, but it doesn't fade. On 1 I click and after awhile it fades and freezes

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Same results, so I must be not having all the right files or whatnot :') I seriously don't know what step or thing I'm missing
Can you take a screenshot of your sdcard setup? Maybe you happend to put a file wrong.

xArk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 235

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I see your problem

You need to extract the files out from the homebrew folder so it looks like this - sd:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Right now it looks like this - sd:/homebrew_launcher.v1.3/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Take your time! Breath! It's not hard this, you just need to double read and double check. That's the most important when doing these kind of things.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If the screen fades a little before crashing, does that mean it's trying to work? When I click 2 I have to click "reload" before it freezes, but it doesn't fade. On 1 I click and after awhile it fades and freezes

The previous try of mine on 2 before breakthrough was just like yours, instead of just hanging, the screen partially faded. I succeeded on attempt after that with same offset. But the method is still a hit and miss, I reckon the fade shows, that a the exploit nearly worked. do you have HBL 1.4 or 1.3? 1.3 might be tad more sure, although I finally succeeded on 1.4.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have some thing I'd like to test but I can't currently as I'm away from my Wii u if anyone can help me test if it works what you need to do is grab the latest haxchi and replace the hbl by renaming it to the hbl elf an replacing it in its folder as I would like to know whether you can directly boot the haxchi installer

xArk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I've reached the blue screen with what looks like little white dots floating around. What to do now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff