Gaming We are in the process of suing Sony for 3.56

chonka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We are in the process of suing Sony for 3.56

"Some of you may have had your PS3 system bricked by update/virus 3.56 from Sony. So have hundreds of others. Read about it on the Sony forums here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Tec...2309619/page/65

We are currently preparing a class action lawsuit against Sony. A petition will be available on that forum and Facebook shortly. Stay tuned."

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
How is this funny at ALL? But, is it really true that $ony released a virus on their system?

EDIT: Corrupted after "swap HD"? Doesn't swapping your HD void your warranty? :/ The info given here is pretty vague... Sounds like it corrupted the HD, not brick the system....

ferdi-t

Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pointless. When your PS3 gets bricked by no fault of your own, then the retailer or Sony will replace it free of charge. You're already getting that what you want, so what's the point in suing? Claiming emotional damage? That's quite ridiculous.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ferdi-t said:
Pointless. When your PS3 gets bricked by no fault of your own, then the retailer or Sony will replace it free of charge. You're already getting that what you want, so what's the point in suing? Claiming emotional damage? That's quite ridiculous.
Because it was their fault for hacking it no doubt.

chonka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hacking? lol um these are sony customers that updated to 3.56, from what i recall 'hackers' all stayed on 3.55? maybe you asume they are hackers since this is posted on gbatemp??

for a little more info, the 3.56 OFW gets installed to nand. Well on the consoles with only 16mb nand then only a portion of the update is installed on nand and the rest on the hdd (the ps3 with 256mb nand are not affected), since there is a bug in 3.56, when a new hdd is installed the system will ask for 3.56 update file so it can install the REST of 3.56 to the new hdd.

The bug (now on the ps3 nand) however will not recognize the update file and simply spits out a 'data corrupted' error. Sony without any annoucement slipped out a silent 3.56v2 BUT if the user has no original hdd to roll back onto his ps3 is rendered useless, since 3.56v2 only fixes the bug if you can install via xmb

QUOTE said:
Pointless. When your PS3 gets bricked by no fault of your own, then the retailer or Sony will replace it free of charge. um maybe true IF your under warranty? but most likely not the case.

EDIT: oh and also
QUOTEThis thread is hilarious. They said they were going to sue Sony after they removed OtherOS, look where that went...
YES I did look, and it went, well i should say is still going here -->
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/californi...cv01811/226894/

and also 3.00fw problems settled out of court here -->
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/distr...4701/220200/61/

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Ah suing a major company, it's but a tiny part of the American dream. Sadly for you guys I don't think this case has any merit. Sony took away features from the PS3 and got away with it, so what's a few bricks or some data corruption considering you agreed to the update TOS? This isn't like Disc Read Error or RROD

chonka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why dont people read :| otherOS case is in the courts, TOS are not laws and dont always hold up in court especially when a company is negligent

again if you read - a similar case involving ofw 3.00 has been settled out of court. This case for 3.56 has many many more users effected.

YES i have a 'bricked' ps3 due to this bug
YES it is out of warranty
YES i have rang sony about the issue (so far 6 times and 2 emails)
NO they have not officially refused to repair my ps3 but have so far procrastinated severly, from denying the issue exists, to assuring me of an answer in 24hrs for which i had not recieved a return call after 1andhalf weeks, many others HAVE been told they will need to pay for repair.
NO my ps3 was not hacked, why would i be on 3.56 if it was??

the main (yes there are many in all countries/languages) thread has now past 680 posts, this is not a 'few bricks' it is a serious software bug being - THAT THE FIRMWARE PORTION STORED ON PS3 NAND DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE OFFICIAL PS3UPDAT.PUP ON STORAGE MEDIA MAKING INITIATION OF THE HDD IMPOSSIBLE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle