Hacking WBFS+ Status?

dexter222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been unable to find out the status of WBFS+ and the topics I've been following on the subject are dead so I'm afraid it may be, too.

If there's not to be a revised Wii file system in the near future, has there been any word on some fixes to the current WBFS?

Specifically addressing that you can only fit 500 games on a drive regardless of drive size?

That's really all it needs
smile.gif

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why in the h3ll do you need more than 500 games on a drive? and is it 500 games on a drive or a partition, since you can have 4 partitions.

dexter222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using sd/USB loader 1.5 which seems to only recognize the first WBFS partition.

Multiple partitions are okay for archiving but even then my needs would be better met with a WBFS partition being able to hold more than 500 files.

I can't fit all my unique NTSC games let alone any custom stuff on a drive and see it all on usb loader which, while not critical, would be nice.

The other usb loaders I've checked say nothing about reading multiple WBFS partitions which, while not ideal, would be a definate workaround until the issue is addressed.

If you would point me in the direction of any loader that will read multiple WBFS partitions it would be appreciated. There seem to be a lot of loaders out there now
smile.gif

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AllWiidUp said:
why in the h3ll do you need more than 500 games on a drive? and is it 500 games on a drive or a partition, since you can have 4 partitions.

i totally agree with you. you dont need 500 games - except you play barbie and hannah montana ! =)

dexter222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both Barbie and Hannah Montana are definate requirements
smile.gif

Physical limitations don't allow me to play much on the Wii - it's for my kids. Frankly I have much more fun hacking the thing than playing it anyways. Really.

LOL delete games in languages you don't understand... They are all NTSC-U. Oh... I have some pal but I don't use those. It makes more sense to get rid of the crap, especially the repackaged shovelware as suggested, an assignment I gave my kids when USB loader 1.1 first came out. They haven't gotten very far. It's amazing the crap they like to play.

Besides there is a wow factor when somone asks "what games to you have on there?" and you can answer "ALL of them."

Perhaps it's an OCD thing lol but I have to get them all on one partition. Even MFS could take 1400 files and all they had to deal with were 400k floppies. I've never really liked multiple partitions on a drive. Even setting up unix slices I would just have two; a swap and a mountpoint to root.

I checked out uloader and it definately works with multiple WBFS partitions. That sent me down the rabbit hole checking out other loaders and, with all the problems with new titles, I ended up using USB Loader GX - awesome loader! I still keep uloader on there just in case, though lol.

In the meantime I installed Visual Studio and started messing with the source for sorgs wbfs_win. If I can get that to work I should be able to compile the same changes into a USB loader. It's been almost 10 years since I've done extensive coding (any coding at all, actually), and it's not like riding a bike, especially since I did all mine in ANSI C (gcc) on unix. And there is no obvious number to change like changing 500 to 2500. The max_disc and disc_table[0] size depends on hd sector size, supposedly.

I can hardly make it through a post these days without falling asleep, or having my attention drift, let alone sift through code... I'm afraid I'm doomed but what the heck. My first attempt at least worked but still with the 500 file limit. Problem is, even using SATA, it takes about 8 hrs to load 500 games so I guess this will have to be tabled until I have more time... or until lots more ppl run into the table limit problem and someone else fixes it
biggrin.gif

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, after you finished posting did you rock out to 'We cheer' followed by some Hanna Montana?

You're pirating random shit just because you can. A waste of bandwidth and storage. You dont need a 500gb hard drive, let alone 500 games. You can say you do. But you don't. You dont play 1/20th of that line up on even a monthly basis.

However, the fact people are astounded at your numbers is probably giving you a little chub. yaaa i have the mostest wii games around. You set the bar high sir.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?