Hacking WBFS Partition Trouble

haynienhoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am using AlexDP WBFS Manager 3.01 and it is not recognizing my partition. However, my Wii recognizes it fine.

Any Ideas? I am lost, I'd like to update my games without losing the ones I have already loaded.

Thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sometimes if theres a few partitions on the drive the app gives some trouble , or at least i have seen a few people port on that issue though they may not have changed drive letters either.

haynienhoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did add a another partition, and that's when i realized the problem. It would read the new one, but not the old one.
All games play from the old partition on the wii, but i am unable to access it via WBFS.
And because the wii loads it, i couldn't access the new drive via the wii,
So i removed the new partition and moved the old one back to the rear of the drive.
The games play fine, but still can't access them.

The error message said that the drive is not formatted.

patts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you messed it up when moveing the partitions out of possition.. hmmm probably messed up the drive letter. There's one thing you could try... Boot a linux dist (Live CD) and try dumping the games, and start over. Linux is not picky about drive letters..
wink.gif

haynienhoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive letter stayed the same through out the process.

I am using Acronis disc director suite8.

I will boot up knoppix or somethign the like and give it a try.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a tool to completely format a drive to WBFS (meaning: even if the prog believes it's formatted, just format it totally without anything left)? My partition with 40 gigs got messed up when I first used it under windows.

There seemed to be 2 different "views" of the drive: The USB loader showed several games, Windows showed others. It was the same partition but nothing belonged together- WTF?

Formatting it to NTFS or FAT and back to WBFS doesn't work either, it always stays messed up.

haynienhoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harryk

You can format your drive completely using windows disk management. It can be found by Controlpanel>Administrative tools>Computer management then select it from the left column. Select the drive you want to format and delete all partitions and then select New partition.

NOTE: this will erase everything.

---

But back to my topic, I realised that my knoppix is a few years old... so searching for new shell i found Ubuntu.

Which should i get, Unbuntu, Kubuntu, or gobuntu....

Currently Dl'ing Unbuntu.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
[OT] wtf... the board always gave me site loading errors and I couldn't go back or load any other site. still, all the posts are there. I'm very sorry. [/OT]

and Disk Management in Windows does NOT help. Even if its FAT etc (I can also store data), USB loader STILL lists Wii games (but code dumps sometimes). Huge bugs if you ask me :-/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol