Hacking WBFS partition and .wbf containers

nunavat2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to Wiims, Psyblade, Oggzee:

I like to learn about wbfs partitions and .wbfs container. I am not looking for something very polish like this
I Just need enough info to understand some modules in your codes. But if you are willing to create such a document, that will be a great wiki page.

If you guys or anyone else willing to contribute, it will be much easier than trying to learn from source codes of your tools and scanning wiims posts! I did learn C in schools many years ago mainly to query ingres (if you did that in school, you are in my age group), we never had IDEs. I have not used C since I left school.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was more thinking about you asking specific questions instead of me writing documetation.
What are you trying to do anyway? Most things should simply use the lib.

Well maybe if I get really bored I start something, but don't count on it.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I found this topic today -- not to late?!

My interest changed and now I spend more time in MKW hacking. If you setup some wiki pages I will correct/complete it. But I will not write complete new wiki pages.

My sources are open source, feel free to use/cite them.

nunavat2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, before psyblade's and Wimm's reply I spent sometime reading discussion that Wiims and Oggzee had regarding wbfs partitions and wdf, etc. From that I was able to get a good grasp (?) of how they work. What I was hoping to do (silly me!) was changing some characters randomly in some games, but that need lots of other info and that goes under general category of texture hacking (learned something new!). I will try to learn that over the Christmas break and hangout Wimms other forum. For this two weeks I found something else to keep me busy.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if yo want to change things in games you are much better of by using some tool to extract and insert files
eg wiimm's wit or wiiscruber (iirc)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use standard tools to change the stuff you want to change, and then look at the diff between your manual edit and the correct one. If you change a file size, you have to update the fst for example, or in general, i expect that you need to update the signature of the partition or something.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
If you want to make some changes to files, wouldn't it be better just to extract the whole disc, make the changes, then rebuild the ISO using wit? It would save any confusion and hassle trying to keep files the same size etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?