Hacking WBFS or NTFS or FAT32

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
wishmasterf said:
FAT32 is old... NTFS is a big filesystem which isnt open so a 100% cant be done. a 99% is done. ext4 is opensource. you cant create drivers for ervery system you want....

To fix WBFS: try with wimms tooll, there is a check tool. if it cant repair your partition, ask wimm for help. he know very well about wbfs.

How can you say FAT32 is old if it was just introduced some time ago in Wii USB loading? Amusing.

WBFS is just too buggy for me, i´ve had some clients getting their drives corrupted after many data sent through different iso app clients.

I, like wiims, am also a software developer so I still prefer FAT over WBFS. Ive got my reasons:

Stability, reliability, compatibility.

But, since I have some experience with Linux extended filesystem, I´ll try ext FF someday in Wii!

wink.gif
Coto

jaouad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I made 2 partitions. 1 of fat32 and one of ntfs. The Fat partition is only a 20 gb partition for special cases. Other than that, after copying all my games to NTFS. I am very pleased with the outcome. It's a lot easier and I can see that if something would happen in the future, I would easily be able to fix it

Yay to NTFS!!

Edit: Hey wes? What is the pro of using hp format tool instead of the standard one

D

Deleted User

On my drive I use 637GiB NTFS, 600MiB FAT32 and 60GiB WBFS. WORKS PERFECTLY FORMAT TO ALL THREE.

I HAVE A 750GB WD PASSPORT ESSENTIAL!

I you have a drive as big or bigger than mine, Go with all 3.

Yes there is a difference between GiB and GB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso