Hacking WBFS in DMG

  • Thread starter Thread starter cmpgm88
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,572
  • Replies Replies 8

cmpgm88

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
United States
Hey, All!

I had a hard drive with about 20 games on a WBFS partition. When I got my Mac, I exported that partition (somehow) as a DMG file. When trying to write it or mount it, Mac refuses, as it can't find a standard File System. Any ideas of how to burn it straight to the partition or mount it so I can get my games back?

Thanks!
 
I think you need to make your WBFS DMG whatever thing into an iso, which OSX can just read. Go into disk utility and covert your DMG to Iso and then you will have to reformat your hdd. Partition one part as WBFS and use WBFS manager to put the Iso back on there. Maybe.
 
I would give "dmg2img" a try to get a standard image.
Tools like "wit" should then be able to work with it.

But keep in mind that simply reripping the 20 games will probably be the fastest and easiest way.
 
PsyBlade,

Wit worked like a charm (once I figured out the right syntax; hehe)

As a reference to those who come across this bizarre problem in the future, here's the command to use to extract the files:

wwt extract -p file.dmg . -B

This will extract all the games on the dmg file as WBFS files.


Alternatively, Wii Backup Fusion can read the games from the DMG and extract the image files.

Thanks for all the help guys!
 
Open Disk Utility and select the drive you want to put the WBFS partition into. Go to the restore tab and put the DMG as the source and the partition as the destination. Restore and wait for it to finish restoring.
 
and please switch to fat 32 or ntfs.
I switched from WBFS on windows to WBFS on mac using Mountain Lion so WBFS format is not supported. Do I need to upgrade my Wii in order to support the NTFS or Fat32 format or should be work as is?
If your IOS'es and cIOS'es are up-to-date, all you have to do is re-format the partition into FAT32 (Recommended) and change the Config files in your loader to select the new partition (if it's not automatically detected).
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted