WBFS Drive Readable on Wii, Not on PC

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ChiboSempai, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ChiboSempai
    OP

ChiboSempai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2008
    United States
    Ok, so I have a 300GB external that was all WBFS. I wanted to change it to like 160GB for games. There was currently 90GB on there. I used Partition Magic to make the partition 160GB. I left the rest unallocated for the time being. I opened up WBFS Manager, nothing. It errors when it tries to load the drive. I changed the partition back to as it was with the full thing of WBFS. WBFS Manager still doesn't work...

The weird this is, I can pop the drive on my Wii, and still load up USB Loader GX and play all the games I had on it.

Does someone know of a way I can get these iso's off of my drive temporarily onto my comp so I can full format my external and fix everything? I can't lose these games.

2. Spidy1000

Spidy1000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 10, 2009
    Netherlands
    you could try the other wbfs tools floating around, or maybe the command line wbfs, but you should have made a backup BEFORE using partitioning tools. WBFS is not a normal partition. I think you won't be able to get it working again in windows. Your only option is reformat the drive i'm afraid

3. ChiboSempai
    OP

ChiboSempai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2008
    United States
    i got it working, my original plan was right but i messed up slightly

after i saw that it didnt work, i resized the partition back to taking up the full drive, but it didnt work. then it hit me... when i first went to resize it i noticed something odd... the whole drive was the wbfs partition except for 7.8mb of unallocated space (the smallest u could have). so i resized the partition to haviong that 7.8 unallocated, and it works again.

now later on i can back em up, format as i please, then put em back on.

4. Spidy1000

Spidy1000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 10, 2009
    Netherlands
    Good job, never would have thought that it could be fixed [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice