Hacking WBFS Drive Readable on Wii, Not on PC

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have a 300GB external that was all WBFS. I wanted to change it to like 160GB for games. There was currently 90GB on there. I used Partition Magic to make the partition 160GB. I left the rest unallocated for the time being. I opened up WBFS Manager, nothing. It errors when it tries to load the drive. I changed the partition back to as it was with the full thing of WBFS. WBFS Manager still doesn't work...

The weird this is, I can pop the drive on my Wii, and still load up USB Loader GX and play all the games I had on it.

Does someone know of a way I can get these iso's off of my drive temporarily onto my comp so I can full format my external and fix everything? I can't lose these games.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could try the other wbfs tools floating around, or maybe the command line wbfs, but you should have made a backup BEFORE using partitioning tools. WBFS is not a normal partition. I think you won't be able to get it working again in windows. Your only option is reformat the drive i'm afraid

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it working, my original plan was right but i messed up slightly

after i saw that it didnt work, i resized the partition back to taking up the full drive, but it didnt work. then it hit me... when i first went to resize it i noticed something odd... the whole drive was the wbfs partition except for 7.8mb of unallocated space (the smallest u could have). so i resized the partition to haviong that 7.8 unallocated, and it works again.

now later on i can back em up, format as i please, then put em back on.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChiboSempai said:
i got it working, my original plan was right but i messed up slightly

after i saw that it didnt work, i resized the partition back to taking up the full drive, but it didnt work. then it hit me... when i first went to resize it i noticed something odd... the whole drive was the wbfs partition except for 7.8mb of unallocated space (the smallest u could have). so i resized the partition to haviong that 7.8 unallocated, and it works again.

now later on i can back em up, format as i please, then put em back on.

Good job, never would have thought that it could be fixed
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1