Hacking Way to know new Wiis system version??

sentinel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all. Well my question is If there is a way to know which version a new Wii has before buying it, as in going to the store (gamestop) and looking for something on the box or any other thing. Im going to buy a new one and dont really want to go thru that virgin 4.0 things. So if anyone knows please tell me. Thanks in advance!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Serial numbers don't have anything to do with the firmware so no I don't think there is a way unless you turn the wii on itself and check, but you can still see if you can avoid getting an LU64+ serial wii, but I'm not sure about availability of those or if all new Wii's are those now or something.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
check if the box says: MADE 2006...???
laugh.gif
I don't think there is a mark on the box that tells you wich FW has on it, but if you keep waiting too long, you'll probably get a 4.0..!!
wink.gif

dahun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Serial numbers don't have anything to do with the firmware so no I don't think there is a way unless you turn the wii on itself and check, but you can still see if you can avoid getting an LU64+ serial wii, but I'm not sure about availability of those or if all new Wii's are those now or something.
actually the serail number gets bigger like 1 or 5 5 is bigger and or changes in some other way. there is an order so they can keep track of them it might not be the bigger one but probly is.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's even worse to think about is that there are plenty of people who will never soft mod that have low firmware, low serial # Wiis.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well remember that you can still softmod the Wii even if it's 4.0 LU64+, you are just choosing not to deal with it, but if you change your mind it doesn't matter the serial number or the FW...!!
wink.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Check if there are dates on the box, or ask the store manager when the wii's came in and try not to look suspicious.

@BlackEnigma: My school has a wii on 3.1 firmware, and I want to softmod it so bad lol.

billyrocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i always thought all wii came with the 3.1 and if you connect wifi it would always ask you to upgrade to 4.0 because if you send it to Nintendo to get it repair it always come back as menu 3.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1