drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm trying to get the WaveRace Bluestorm to load on USB Loader GX with Nintendont but i'm having issues. i have nintendont v 3.344 and USB Loader GX V 3, R1246. the compatibility list shows it as working but ive read around that ppl were having issues with loading it but wasn't able to find any solution on how/if they fixed it. anyone know how to get it to work?

thanks in advance!

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading your post I went to try my game out, and I also had issues getting it to load. It would just hang on a black screen during boot up. So I kept testing it and I finally got it working. :)

To do this, I selected Wave Race: Blue Storm, (via USB Loader GX) then I selected "Settings", and then "Game Load".

Once you're in that menu you'll see.....

--== Nintendont ==--
Video Mode
Progressive Patch

For Video Mode I chose "Force NTSC480p" and this got the game running.
For Progressive Patch I chose "ON" and this also got the game running.

Note, that you don't need to have both these settings selected for the game to work. As long as you have at least one enabled, it's fine. For some reason Nintendont only wants to boot this game if it recognizes some form of progressive mode enabled.

I got this working using...
  • USB Loader GX: r1253
  • Nintendont: v3.362
I also use a component cable for the video output on my Wii. I'm not sure how composite cables will handle Progressive Mode.

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the response! it still doesn't seem to work still for me. i tried with both video mode and progressive patch on and just having one each on and it still hangs on a black screen during boot up. i did update my usb loader gx and nintendont to the latest one but i'm still having issues.

i'm also having issues with serious sam the next encounter. i dont know if i should open a new thread or if i should stick to my thread here. but both games hang on a black screen after loading.

Last edited by drchink,

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use component cables (Red,Green,Blue) or composite cables? (Yellow,Red,White)

Is your harddrive formatted as FAT32 with 32kb clusters?

You might also want to verify the MD5 hash of your Wave Race iso. To see if it matches up with what it's supposed to be. If you're trying to play the North American version of Wave Race, this page will have all it's info. With it's true MD5 hash down near the bottom.

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using the yellow white and red component cables. my harddrive is FAT32 but im not too sure if it's the 32kb clusters. i havent verified the MD5 hash before but ill have to give it a try, thanks!

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your other games are working then it's probably safe to assume that your Harddrive is formatted correctly. I still recommend verifying the MD5 hash, but I'm starting to think the problem lies in your video cables.

Yellow, Red, White cables are known as "composite" cables. These cables are Standard Definition cables and aren't capable of outputting progressive resolutions. To get Wave Race: Blue Storm running successfully via Nintendon't, it requires you to force some sort of Progressive patch, like the ones I mentioned earlier. So it sounds like you're going to need to upgrade your video cables to "component" cables. Component cables are the ones that run your video signal through "Red, Green, Blue" while sending your audio signal through the two additional "Red, White" Left and Right audio cables.

You can probably test this out by choosing one of those settings that mentioned to you earlier and trying to boot up the game again. While you wait for it to load, and it sits in the black screen, listen closely and see if you can hear the games main menu music. If you eventually get to hear the games audio, then you'll know for sure that it's your video cables.

Now, if you don't hear the audio, this doesn't automatically mean that it's NOT your cables. It could still be an issue with your video cables. It could be that as Nintendont tries to boot up the game, and as it's doing it, it looks to see if it can output the correct video resolution. And if it can't it just glitches the game out.

Either way, I'd still try to run the game again with the progressive settings selected, and see if you can hear anything in the background.

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info! i tried it with the composite cables and also have a wii2hdmi adapter but yea, same issue, freezes on a black screen. the hard reset command (pressing R, Z, B & Down) doesnt reset my wii so i know it's an issue with the settings or the iso. its most likely a bad iso rip so ill check the MD5. i appreciate your help!

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info! i tried it with the composite cables and also have a wii2hdmi adapter but yea, same issue, freezes on a black screen.

Keep in mind that simply plugging in the Wii2HDMI converter doesn't automatically make the Wii display in 480p on it's own. Without updating your Wii's default video output, being able to display in progressive mode could still be a problem. Fortunately all you need to do to fix this is change your Wii Options.

Go to "Wii Options" from the Main Screen, then select "Wii Settings" > "Screen" > "TV Resolution" and make sure you have "EDTV or HDTV (480p)" option selected instead of the "Standard TV (480i)" -- Now before you back all the way out of the "Screen" options menu... you may also want to check to see if your "Widescreen Settings" are set to "Widescreen (16:9)"

With both of those options now updated. Go back and retest the Wave Race iso with one of the Progressive settings enabled.

Your game should now work.

If it doesn't after you've done all this "then" it could be a problem with your MD5 hash. But the reason I recommend making sure all is correct with your video output is because the Wave Race iso that I tested with, is a rip of my own disc. And when I verified it's MD5 hash, it matches perfectly.

Remember, that originally, I wasn't able to get the game running either, even with a GOOD iso rip. Not until I made sure I had progressive enabled and that my video output settings were correct. This is why I'm almost 100% sure that this is a video issue.

Last edited by portugeek,

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some more testing I learned that you don't have to have any progressive patches enabled so long as your Wii is correctly outputting in 480p via Component Cables or Wii2HDMI.

So if your system settings are configured correctly all you need to do is go to USB Loader GX "Settings" > "Loader Settings" and for both...
-Video Mode
-Aspect Ratio

...make sure it's set to "System Default"

Now scroll down to.... --== DM(L) + Nintendont ==--
...and for Video Mode, set "System Default" here as well. Originally I had it set to "Auto" which is what was giving me the black screen.

Now, as long as your main Wii Settings are set to 480p, you can have Progressive Patch turned off and everything should run.

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all your help again, i do have my wii set to 480p which works for both the composite cable and the wii2hdmi. i do have those options set to system default but i'm still having some issues. i'll try re ripping the game to see if that solves the issue. again, much appreciated!

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: i noticed a file on my HDD called nloader.log. it states:

"Nintendont at your service!
$$Version:3.344
launch_dir = sd:/apps/nintendont/
Trying to get VID057e PID0337
argsbootAutobooting:"/Games/Wave Race - Blue Storm/game.iso"
Using usb:/saves/ninmem.raw as Memory Card."

does this help in solving my issue i'm having? that seems like the old version i was using, but i don't know what the "Trying to get VID057e PID0337" means. the date modified on that nloader.log is July 4th, so it was about a month ago.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii set to 480p which works for... the composite cable
That's not possible. When you have a composite cable (Yellow, Red, White) plugged into the Wii, the 480p option is greyed out and not selectable.

but i don't know what the "Trying to get VID057e PID0337" means.
VIDxxxx PIDxxxx is a product ID for different hardware/peripherals. The different alphanumeric codes associated with these ID's are used by your devices operating system to identify which hardware you have plugged in to it's USB port. 057e_0337 refers to the "Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter." I can only assume that the reason why it was "Trying to get" it is because you plugged one of these into your Wii?

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, ill try it again tomorrow to see if the settings will work on my composite cables/Wii2HDMI with your suggestions.im pretty sure i did try the progressive scan and the NTSC 480p option with the composite cables before, but i will retry to make sure tomorrow after work. i just recently received the Wii2HDMI adapter and have switched the settings to 480p to properly work with my monitor.

That explains the nloader.log, i have a wii u as well and just copied all the files from 1 sd card to the other and have the Gamecube Controller Adapter plugged into my wii u.

Ballz Deep

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry if it's not cool to ressurect threads like this, but I came across the same issue with this game, and got this working with wiiflow (video set to "game", loader set to "autoDIOS"), and I had a wii disc in the console for it to work. Hope this helps.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it's not cool to ressurect threads like this, but I came across the same issue with this game, and got this working with wiiflow (video set to "game", loader set to "autoDIOS"), and I had a wii disc in the console for it to work. Hope this helps.

You're using a old DIOS MIOS, then. The final version didn't require a disc in the drive. This game works fine with Nintendont and this thread is about running it with USB Loader GX and Nintendont, not Wiiflow and DM.

Ballz Deep

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You're using a old DIOS MIOS, then. The final version didn't require a disc in the drive. This game works fine with Nintendont and this thread is about running it with USB Loader GX and Nintendont, not Wiiflow and DM.

Lol, true. Sorry. I'm new to the whole thing; was just trying to get the game to work for the GF. But thanks for filling me in. I thought the newest version of DIOS MIOS had some issues? Would you recommend upgrading?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, true. Sorry. I'm new to the whole thing; was just trying to get the game to work for the GF. But thanks for filling me in. I thought the newest version of DIOS MIOS had some issues? Would you recommend upgrading?

The latest version of DM is 2.11. I don't think it has any issues other than specific game compatibility and lack of support for streaming audio. Nintendont is just easier to use because it's not an IOS and doesn't require any extra installation steps. Just stick it in your homebrew apps folder and run it. It can update itself, too. :)

nintendo1889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine loads but randomly crashes using nintendont 5.483. I am using the ntsc version on an ntsc tv with component cables. My iso is shrunk. I'll test with the normal iso.

Edit: ok, using the normal iso worked!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited by nintendo1889,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: