Wasabi Zero ModChip Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lakerfanalways, Mar 14, 2009.

Mar 14, 2009
  1. Lakerfanalways
    OP

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hi everyone. I have a soft modded Wii, and yesterday I also put in the Wasabi Zero chip, it works great..but the question is, today I burned the game Marble Saga Kororinpa..plays great on the Backup Launcher, but when I put it in the disc channel, I see the game loaded, but when I press start it just goes to black and nothing happens..but when I put in We Ski Snowboard the disc channel loads it perfectly..I burned it at 8x since my DVD-R disks are 16x..should I try burning it at a lower speed..should I keep it as AUTO..does the chip respond to different speeds rather then the backup launcher..thanks

2. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
  3. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You only waited 11 minutes for a response... Forums take time for people to answer.

That said, I've answered this question in a few other threads... go look around or use the search feature and I'm sure you'll manage.

4. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    yeah sorry about that..but the search feature is not working. Can you send me a direct link to your response..thanks

5. koji2009

United States
    Didn't realize search was down.

Basically you have to use Anytitledeleter to see which IOS you have installed on your wii.

Then use WUFE while you have the game in your wii and it'll dump every IOS on the disc.

Now use Wad Manager to install any wad that came from WUFE that you didn't find on your wii when you used any title deleter.

6. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    Sorry but I don't understand what any of that stuff means..Since all of my other games work Im assuming its an issue with the burn speed so I am trying it again..one at AUTO speed and another at 4x to see what happens

7. koji2009

United States
    No, it has nothing to do with burn speed... it has to do with the fact that your wii isn't up to date and doesn't have all the IOS available. Look up how to get madworld running, it's the exact same fix.

8. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    Well that didn't make a difference at all(burning it at AUTO) this makes no sense..all of my other games(including new release ones) work fine

Posts merged

Ok I will check it out..its just all these terms I am not familiar with..so the game itself is not the issue..I am running firmware 3.4U on the Wii itself..I will check out how to get Madworld going, is this hard to do cause I don't want to screw it up

9. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    I went to the Madworld topic and did not find what needs to be done..I See people there talking about their Pal wii's but nothing to do with an NTSC one..I used brick blocker on the Marble Saga game..just like I do with all of my games

10. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    I put in two new files into the WAD manager to fix it..it did make the game load, but when I go into the game it starts for a second then says "game disc cannot be read" what gives

11. Lakerfanalways
    OP

United States
    Issue officially resolved. I burnt the disk at 2.4x after putting in those two files and it works perfectly now