Hardware wasabi v3 + wiiclip v5B - error eject disk originals

cyberdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope somebody can help me with this. I ordered the latest wasabi v3 bundle (v5b wiiclip 100% solderless) from modchipcentral. I probably have a D2E according to my serial number. I installed it last night and green light on the chip. However, the drive won't suck in any disks. turn if off and on and it did suck 1 time only. I get the black screen error that says to please eject disk and turn off the console. nothing works and I removed the clip and everything is working OK. Is this a defective wiiclip or wasabi? thanks

cyberdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have already burned the latest 1.4 config/update disk on dvd but the problem is that I cannot even get the drive to input a disk (except only 1 time). Maybe I keep trying to see if I can get the config disk into the drive. Even when I had the Wii Sports disk already in the drive, it does not see it or let me eject it. When i removed the wiiclip, then everything is OK. So is this problem common with the wasabi? i thought the lastest wasabi chip was OK with D2E.
P.S. I need to get someone else to look at the chip to see if I have a D2E. I looked in the database and my serial number said 100% chance to have the GC2 d2e chip.
thanks

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well your problem seems to a different one and more fatal one than I thought...
I guess from your description that you have either a faulty chip or faulty wii-clip. Maybe it's even a fake wii-clip. Those are defective most of the time. Check it here: http://wii-clip.com/Black_List.htm

cyberdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping it was something else. I will probably need to ship for a replacement. Also, I dont think it is fake since I got it from modchipcentral and it doesn't have any of those fake features.
thanks

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Try this:

1. Take the clip off.
2. Turn on the Wii.
3. Put the update disk in, it won't be able to read it.
4. Turn off the Wii (with the disk still in there).
5. Put the clip back on.
6. Turn on the Wii.
7. Run the update disk.

chooch_98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyberdog Did you ever get the chip to work? As I also bought a Wasabi V3 bundle from modchipcentral and I am having the same problem(Green light but the drive does not spin on a D2E.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-