Hacking Wasabi Questions

naes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to buy this modchip bundle. Comes with a Wasabi V2, Wiiclip V5 and a Triwing Screwdriver. WiiTracker says this:

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

Now, if I buy that bundle (and pay for MCC to solder the Wasabi V2 to the Wiiclip V5), will I have to solder anything? I looked on Wiiclip's website and for the Wasabi V1 w/ the Wiiclip V5 it says

The new WII-CLIP install diagram: need solder 1 wire from CLIP "F" to WII motherboard "F" if your wii is D2C version.

For the Wasabi V2 with a Wiiclip V5 it doesn't list anything. So, I come here for advice. Does anyone here have this set-up? If so, did you have to solder anything?

Also, with my Wii, is this the best option? I can't solder anything so I want it 100% solder-free on my end.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
First off... your legs won't be cut. No D2C chips have cut legs - don't lose any sleep over that.

You *do* need to solder F. I have no idea why wii-clip didn't implement a jumper like they did with D2Pro9!

If you want solderless, get a D2Pro9 and clip. http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/D2Pro9...iver-p-125.html

If your wii is old... like bought before March this year - you could use a D2CKey + Clip.

naes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this would be solder-free, right? Is the D2Pro 9 better than the Wasabi?

Also, I got my Wii in August of last year.

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasabi VS D2Pro is really matter of opinion, I personally like my D2Pro.. Someone actually asked about this not to long ago.. Its still in the first 2 pages.
D2Pro .. Or .. Wasabi V2

and yes, that is a 100% Solderless solution (assuming you add the extra $5 to have the Chip soldered onto the Clip).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat