Wasabi Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by naes, Jul 17, 2008.

1. naes
    OP

naes GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2007
    United States
    I've decided to buy this modchip bundle. Comes with a Wasabi V2, Wiiclip V5 and a Triwing Screwdriver. WiiTracker says this:

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

Now, if I buy that bundle (and pay for MCC to solder the Wasabi V2 to the Wiiclip V5), will I have to solder anything? I looked on Wiiclip's website and for the Wasabi V1 w/ the Wiiclip V5 it says

The new WII-CLIP install diagram: need solder 1 wire from CLIP "F" to WII motherboard "F" if your wii is D2C version.

For the Wasabi V2 with a Wiiclip V5 it doesn't list anything. So, I come here for advice. Does anyone here have this set-up? If so, did you have to solder anything?

Also, with my Wii, is this the best option? I can't solder anything so I want it 100% solder-free on my end.

2. SenorClean

SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    First off... your legs won't be cut. No D2C chips have cut legs - don't lose any sleep over that.

You *do* need to solder F. I have no idea why wii-clip didn't implement a jumper like they did with D2Pro9!

If you want solderless, get a D2Pro9 and clip. http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/D2Pro9...iver-p-125.html

If your wii is old... like bought before March this year - you could use a D2CKey + Clip.

3. naes
    OP

naes GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2007
    United States
    So this would be solder-free, right? Is the D2Pro 9 better than the Wasabi?

Also, I got my Wii in August of last year.

4. djcraze

djcraze Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2008
    United States
    Wasabi VS D2Pro is really matter of opinion, I personally like my D2Pro.. Someone actually asked about this not to long ago.. Its still in the first 2 pages.
    D2Pro .. Or .. Wasabi V2

and yes, that is a 100% Solderless solution (assuming you add the extra $5 to have the Chip soldered onto the Clip).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice