Was "Raid Over The River" cancelled or what?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rayder, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Rayder
    OP

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Anyone remember that game? They talked about it in 2006 as a shoot'em-up for the DS made by Nibris. Nothing has been said about the game since around August of 2007.

Whatever happened with that? I went to the Nibris (http://www.nibris.net/) website and there no mention of it at all.

Here's a vid of the game for those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Anyone know what happened to this game? After the extreme disappointment that is Ketsui Death Label it got me wondering about this one because now I'm amped for a good shmup and there are too few on the DS.

2. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Funny you should ask. I'm sorry I can't remember who reviewed it offhand, but GoNintendo posted a link to a review for the game recently. I clicked over real quick just to take a look, and it wasn't pretty. I think it got a really bad score -- 3.5-4 or something in that neighborhood. I want to say it was Gamespot, but I can't remember for sure. [​IMG]

EDIT: My bad. It was Gamespot's review of Rebel Raiders for Wii. Oops! [​IMG]

3. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    I'm sure I remember reading about this not that long ago, although I can't say how recent the source was. I'll see if I can find anything.

4. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    The developer Nibris kinda stopped making it so they can get Sadness for the Wii done.

There was talk of a sequel for WiiWare that also linked up to the DS version in some way. The developers didn't say for definite that they would do a WiiWare version but said that if they was to make it, it would be released after Sadness was released.

I think I read all this around March/April this year.

5. kaspal

kaspal GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2006
    Colombia
    Bogotá
    Ketsui extreme dissapointment?... i dont know what were you expecting from the game to start off, but from my POV, the game while is not an instant classic, its pretty fun.

i concede that it would be WAY better if it had actual levels and stuff, but the boss-rush mode that it sports its pretty fun... and challengin as hell (i cant pass doom mode and death label mode yet! T_T).