Gaming Was "Raid Over The River" cancelled or what?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone remember that game? They talked about it in 2006 as a shoot'em-up for the DS made by Nibris. Nothing has been said about the game since around August of 2007.

Whatever happened with that? I went to the Nibris (http://www.nibris.net/) website and there no mention of it at all.

Here's a vid of the game for those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Anyone know what happened to this game? After the extreme disappointment that is Ketsui Death Label it got me wondering about this one because now I'm amped for a good shmup and there are too few on the DS.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny you should ask. I'm sorry I can't remember who reviewed it offhand, but GoNintendo posted a link to a review for the game recently. I clicked over real quick just to take a look, and it wasn't pretty. I think it got a really bad score -- 3.5-4 or something in that neighborhood. I want to say it was Gamespot, but I can't remember for sure.
unsure.gif

EDIT: My bad. It was Gamespot's review of Rebel Raiders for Wii. Oops!
shy.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The developer Nibris kinda stopped making it so they can get Sadness for the Wii done.

There was talk of a sequel for WiiWare that also linked up to the DS version in some way. The developers didn't say for definite that they would do a WiiWare version but said that if they was to make it, it would be released after Sadness was released.

I think I read all this around March/April this year.

kaspal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Ketsui extreme dissapointment?... i dont know what were you expecting from the game to start off, but from my POV, the game while is not an instant classic, its pretty fun.

i concede that it would be WAY better if it had actual levels and stuff, but the boss-rush mode that it sports its pretty fun... and challengin as hell (i cant pass doom mode and death label mode yet! T_T).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la