Gaming Was having a great time until I messed up probably the most crucial setting on unlaunch.

DiscountJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set the nobutton setting to launcher, the standard DS launcher, Twilight no longer launches roms, I don't completely know what to do, I tried to go through the process of reinstalling it but when I go back to the ROM menu thing it only goes to a green screen. I've not bricked my system but any advantage I gained has been lost it seems.

DiscountJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it occurs to me in my current state I wouldn't be able to open the HBMenu because I have the exploit not the executable installed onto the SD card, that would probably help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah nope I fixed it... for future reference, don't do that.

Reactions: Alexander1970

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be a party pooopa and say that TWM has such bad compatibility you're better off getting an R4i and emulate games from other platforms on other consoles. I hacked my DSi and I think the way it all works sucks anyways. It's not fast and snappy enough like a flash cart and the compatibility is just low.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm going to be a party pooopa and say that TWM has such bad compatibility you're better off getting an R4i and emulate games from other platforms on other consoles. I hacked my DSi and I think the way it all works sucks anyways. It's not fast and snappy enough like a flash cart and the compatibility is just low.

Hello.:)

Flashcard - It costs MONEY.
Like play games on a "simple" Video Console - plug the game in and play (if you do not tinker around for example with the functioning and appropriate Kernel/Software....:evil: )

TWiLight Menu - It is FREE.
Like play games on a simple" Windows PC - install it and use it (if do not need a Patch/Update or you do not tinker around for example in the System Settings.....:evil:)

Both possibilities are ok and makes fun.:)

Thank you.:)

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the full US DS library on a 128gb card. It's like 85gb total or something. No need to update anything, it's just there if I want to play a game. It's faster and it's cheap and for DS games you get as far as I'm aware near full compatibility whereas Twilight Menu boots slowly, is a nightmare to navigate and compatibility is shit. Homebrew is fun for those who wants it, sure and the menu has a lot of options but for DS games I say you cough up 10-20usd for the flash cart because it's the better option. If you can't afford that you must be poor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1