Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Got a question.
I heard about the ban wave at least 2-3 days after not using my 360. I don't know if I got banned.
If I wanna discover if I got banned, I need to connect online, but if I connect online, wouldn't I get banned immidietly? How can I see if my 360 is banned? I got a 1.6, no early playing and didnt do much of a stupid things like non-stealthed etc.
Any way of discovering?

Another question. How did microsoft ban 1,000,000 users? They detected the custom firmware through Online or they just marked all those ppl and stroke in one banhammer?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are a few unsure ways that are pretty accurate to test if your console is banned. One is to take your HDD out (And memory cards if you have one) and then do they internet connection test. When it asks to update, CANCEL, then go to more information, then hit the Y button. This will bring up the "error" report, there will be a few values, a W, a X, a Y, and a Z. Check the Z, if it is 8015-190D you are banned, if there is no 190D on the Z line you are probably not banned.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jaxxster said:
By the way the law suit isnt alll against being banned! Its about not being refunded for your remaining time left on live

"If you are an Xbox Live subscriber, had your modified Xbox console banned from Xbox Live, were not refunded a prorated sum for the time left on your subscription or have experienced other problems as a result of being banned, and would like to participate in a class action against Microsoft, please submit your information below. "

Why should it be refunded?, your account is still active and you can use the time you have left fine, just not on the banned box.

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A term of service violation that results in the device in question being barred from accessing the service in question seems legal (as well it should), but a term of service violation manipulating hardware that is not related to the violating device (ie the hard drive) seems more than a little shady. I could see a suit that is directly about or including that detail as having a slim chance of success.

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fozzyhair said:
your saying M$ run a policy of guilty until your to proven innocent?
blink.gif

Why not? There's nothing that says Microsoft has to follow the same ethos the united states does.
Even if mistakes are made legitimately there are so many people falsely whining that these true cries of silly buggers will be immediately shuffled into the "pinko mutant pirate modders" category.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends, if your console was able to play it offline (first console it was downloaded on, or licenses transferred if you originally got it on another) then it'll be fine. If it wasn't licensed to that console, so you had to be online to use it, then the banned console can't use it now.

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is wierd,

My friend and I got our xboxes modded by the same guy and I'm banned but he isn't.

I stealth check all my games and don't play them early, and he even plays games that aren't stealth checked!

The thing is, I got mine modded in the summer, BEFORE the october update. He got his updated in November AFTER the october update. I think if you got your xbox modded after the october update microsoft doesn't check you for an ix firmware.

That's my guess though,

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
jaxxster said:
By the way the law suit isnt alll against being banned! Its about not being refunded for your remaining time left on live

"If you are an Xbox Live subscriber, had your modified Xbox console banned from Xbox Live, were not refunded a prorated sum for the time left on your subscription or have experienced other problems as a result of being banned, and would like to participate in a class action against Microsoft, please submit your information below. "

Why should it be refunded?, your account is still active and you can use the time you have left fine, just not on the banned box.

I never said i agree with the lawsuit i was merely quoting from the website.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
BANNED!

i got a console ban, i havent even got the freaking box for a month yet.

i just went to test out the media sharing capability and. banned

klein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Opium said:
Omega_2 said:
And another one here, too http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...-Xbox-Live-Bans
Hope MS loses for a change, no power to Big Business! XD

MS protects it's games and partners by banning people who pirate their games from their online service. What on earth is wrong with that? They have a right to do that, it's right there in their ToS. Honestly, the people who are filing class action suits are idiots. Who cares when they ban them, the point is they modded their console and can be booted off Xbox Live as a result.
MS is a money hog. They should keep their mouth shut instead of trying to take down piracy. They make waaaay more money than they deserve.

How are they money hogs? They made a great system and to protect the future of their system and their third party developers they are stopping pirates from damaging sales.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have 2 non-banned xbox360's. 1 is original and 1 is modded.

Can i swap the harddrive between these 2 consoles without getting banned?

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But if i use originals i will be safe wont i?
I have ixtreme 1.6 and never go online with copies.
I thought they would ban only if using copies or before release date.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd need a subway foot-long bun, for my sausage. B-)