WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by War, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Blue Zoidberg

Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    USA, that big island near Cuba
    Second Life anyone?

2. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California

3. mooseknuckle2000

mooseknuckle2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2009
    United States
    my box has been offline for a few months. All was fine then...I'm too scared to plug it in [​IMG] I'll probably wait until a new "undetectable" fw surfaces before I do (probably won't matter either way)

4. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Well it's simpler now

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=4574623

Tool to do the edit of the nand for you. So now it's just dump nand, use tool on the image, reflash nand. Never going to get any simpler than that, no avoiding having to dump and then reflash the nand.

5. Bloodgod

Bloodgod 嵐の王

Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    I don't even know how to dump the NAND so I'm SOL

6. PanzerWF

PanzerWF GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2007
    Canada
    Can someone clue me in on what SplitVid is exactly?

7. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    That's like a mugger telling the person they're mugging "I'm going to mug you, and don't you damn well complain or try to come after me."

Seriously, the amount of idiots in this thread who think they're entitled to rob people and companies is baffling.

8. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    I agree.

9. Islay

Islay GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2008
    Opium I agree with you to a degree, but there was timeing in place, not with games but with the seasons, ban them in january what happen ?
    everyone is to poor to buy 1, do it in november now, and you see more sales because of x-mas, which is smart in a business senses.

10. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    I also agree.

lets say these 1 million users were actually banned, and most probably more than 70 % of us were actually paying for the Gold service (something we can't pirate)

I honestly still can't get my head around why MS locks up your console, what we are violating is pirating GAMES, they should just lock us out of playing those games on live

I, despite having a silver account, still visited the marketplace, bought MS points, and actually downloaded some themes and one or 2 XBLA games

Its just that my pings are terrible to play those games on live, hence why i pirated them (lets be quite honest, it is sort of risky to even go online with a backup, so actually buying the game is a better option if you have online play in mind)

Despite all that, however, im flagged for a ban, next sign im locked out, rendering pretty much everything on my HDD useless, and i have no intention of buying a new xbox. Wow great move MS [​IMG] looks like i wont be buying your shit anymore.

Like above, i mean its not like we were doing much harm pirating their games, despite that, MS doesn't realize the million gamers that pirate all their games and just decide to stay of live. It's quite ironic actually. Looks like Windows 7 made more than enough for them to take this move [​IMG]

11. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

No, you are not safe if you do that

12. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Yeah MS banning consoles this time of year isn't being money hogs at all. They want us ALL to buy 360s again and on top of that, lots of paranoid people will buy new hdds. Like I said, they SHOULD KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT. Companies take care of their investments ok, I can understand that, but when it's a company like MS, fuck them I'll steal from them in front of their faces.

13. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia

OMG im not even safe online with originals is this correct?

Cheers

14. deathfisaro

deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    Game companies make crap games and blame piracy for their low sales (also architecture and some other bullshit for their PS3 ports).

By mass banning not only can MS boost their hardware sales, pretend they conquered piracy and later probably will slip something in so pirates would come back and pay for Live Gold again.

15. olliepop2000

olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    North West UK
    Correct, people who have never played copies got banned. F/W itself is detectable.

16. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    You could try flashing the drive back to the original FW, however if either your console XValue or the servers have flagged you, I think you'll be banned regardless.

Google XVal 2.0.

17. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Guys stop complainig even if it´s all a marketing move or whatever EVERYONE accepted there terms and with modding you break them it´s simple.
    And nobody should forget how much money peoples safed while they could play "backup´s" on live with their modded box, did anyone really thought this would work the whole time without any consequences !?.

By the way the HDD still works just some features don´t work anymore (Media Center and HDD installation).

PS: If you mod something you always take a risk nobody can be so naiv.

@PanzerWF: just look in the Quickstart tab in abgx after SplitVid [​IMG].

XVal is useless in this case, it only shows if a XBOX is already banned. The main purpose is to check if a Xbox you want to buy is really not banned.

18. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Oh, so I misunderstood the purpose of XVal. I thought that if the console has detected iXtreme, it would change the XValue (showing that you've been flagged console side), ready to ban you as soon as you go online.

The end result is probably no different - once a console detects the FW, you're effectively half-way banned anyway, M$ just won't know about it until you go online, and you won't lose certain HDD functionality until you do.

19. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    XVal is giving false reports

people have tried it on their banned systems and it says its clean, not banned

20. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    His point passed by you just like that, eh?