Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Blue Zoidberg said:
triassic911 said:
Who the hell charges REAL money for DIGITAL clothing????

Second Life anyone?

Gaia Online, anyone?

Anyway... found something interesting, guys.
Link
Not sure if this is true or not, but apparently, firmware 1.41 (which I guess is Ben Q only?) is about as safe as it gets at the moment. Give it a read!

Also, here is Team Jungle's twitter (team working on new LT firmware)
Link

*#iXtreme LT for all drives, in dev/testing and going well. No ETA!
*new code looking good, lots of new code!
*LT is not only Lite Touch, lots of great new code making this version the most accurate fw eva!
smile.gif

*Note: backups need to have SplitVid from now on to be safe for LT

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my box has been offline for a few months. All was fine then...I'm too scared to plug it in
unsure.gif
I'll probably wait until a new "undetectable" fw surfaces before I do (probably won't matter either way)

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
Blue Zoidberg said:
triassic911 said:
Who the hell charges REAL money for DIGITAL clothing????

Second Life anyone?

Gaia Online, anyone?

Anyway... found something interesting, guys.
Link
Not sure if this is true or not, but apparently, firmware 1.41 (which I guess is Ben Q only?) is about as safe as it gets at the moment. Give it a read!

Also, here is Team Jungle's twitter (team working on new LT firmware)
Link

*#iXtreme LT for all drives, in dev/testing and going well. No ETA!
*new code looking good, lots of new code!
*LT is not only Lite Touch, lots of great new code making this version the most accurate fw eva!
smile.gif

*Note: backups need to have SplitVid from now on to be safe for LT

Can someone clue me in on what SplitVid is exactly?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
triassic911 said:
Opium said:
Omega_2 said:
And another one here, too http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...-Xbox-Live-Bans
Hope MS loses for a change, no power to Big Business! XD

MS protects it's games and partners by banning people who pirate their games from their online service. What on earth is wrong with that? They have a right to do that, it's right there in their ToS. Honestly, the people who are filing class action suits are idiots. Who cares when they ban them, the point is they modded their console and can be booted off Xbox Live as a result.
MS is a money hog. They should keep their mouth shut instead of trying to take down piracy. They make waaaay more money than they deserve.

That's like a mugger telling the person they're mugging "I'm going to mug you, and don't you damn well complain or try to come after me."

Seriously, the amount of idiots in this thread who think they're entitled to rob people and companies is baffling.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Opium said:
triassic911 said:
Opium said:
Omega_2 said:
And another one here, too http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...-Xbox-Live-Bans

MS protects it's games and partners by banning people who pirate their games from their online service. What on earth is wrong with that? They have a right to do that, it's right there in their ToS. Honestly, the people who are filing class action suits are idiots. Who cares when they ban them, the point is they modded their console and can be booted off Xbox Live as a result.
MS is a money hog. They should keep their mouth shut instead of trying to take down piracy. They make waaaay more money than they deserve.

That's like a mugger telling the person they're mugging "I'm going to mug you, and don't you damn well complain or try to come after me."

Seriously, the amount of idiots in this thread who think they're entitled to rob people and companies is baffling.

I agree.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Opium said:
triassic911 said:
Opium said:
Omega_2 said:

Opium I agree with you to a degree, but there was timeing in place, not with games but with the seasons, ban them in january what happen ?
everyone is to poor to buy 1, do it in november now, and you see more sales because of x-mas, which is smart in a business senses.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZeWarrior said:
Opium said:
triassic911 said:
Opium said:
Omega_2 said:

I agree.

I also agree.

lets say these 1 million users were actually banned, and most probably more than 70 % of us were actually paying for the Gold service (something we can't pirate)

I honestly still can't get my head around why MS locks up your console, what we are violating is pirating GAMES, they should just lock us out of playing those games on live

I, despite having a silver account, still visited the marketplace, bought MS points, and actually downloaded some themes and one or 2 XBLA games

Its just that my pings are terrible to play those games on live, hence why i pirated them (lets be quite honest, it is sort of risky to even go online with a backup, so actually buying the game is a better option if you have online play in mind)

Despite all that, however, im flagged for a ban, next sign im locked out, rendering pretty much everything on my HDD useless, and i have no intention of buying a new xbox. Wow great move MS
bow.gif
looks like i wont be buying your shit anymore.

Like above, i mean its not like we were doing much harm pirating their games, despite that, MS doesn't realize the million gamers that pirate all their games and just decide to stay of live. It's quite ironic actually. Looks like Windows 7 made more than enough for them to take this move
tongue.gif

C

CasperH

shanefromoz said:
But if i use originals i will be safe wont i?
I have ixtreme 1.6 and never go online with copies.
I thought they would ban only if using copies or before release date.

Cheers
No, you are not safe if you do that

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
triassic911 said:
Opium said:
Omega_2 said:

Yeah MS banning consoles this time of year isn't being money hogs at all. They want us ALL to buy 360s again and on top of that, lots of paranoid people will buy new hdds. Like I said, they SHOULD KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT. Companies take care of their investments ok, I can understand that, but when it's a company like MS, fuck them I'll steal from them in front of their faces.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
CasperH said:
shanefromoz said:

Cheers

OMG im not even safe online with originals is this correct?

Cheers

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Game companies make crap games and blame piracy for their low sales (also architecture and some other bullshit for their PS3 ports).

By mass banning not only can MS boost their hardware sales, pretend they conquered piracy and later probably will slip something in so pirates would come back and pay for Live Gold again.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
shanefromoz said:
CasperH said:
shanefromoz said:

Cheers

OMG im not even safe online with originals is this correct?

Cheers
Correct, people who have never played copies got banned. F/W itself is detectable.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys stop complainig even if it´s all a marketing move or whatever EVERYONE accepted there terms and with modding you break them it´s simple.
And nobody should forget how much money peoples safed while they could play "backup´s" on live with their modded box, did anyone really thought this would work the whole time without any consequences !?.

By the way the HDD still works just some features don´t work anymore (Media Center and HDD installation).

PS: If you mod something you always take a risk nobody can be so naiv.

@PanzerWF: just look in the Quickstart tab in abgx after SplitVid
wink.gif

Originality said:
You could try flashing the drive back to the original FW, however if either your console XValue or the servers have flagged you, I think you'll be banned regardless.

Google XVal 2.0.

XVal is useless in this case, it only shows if a XBOX is already banned. The main purpose is to check if a Xbox you want to buy is really not banned.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Oh, so I misunderstood the purpose of XVal. I thought that if the console has detected iXtreme, it would change the XValue (showing that you've been flagged console side), ready to ban you as soon as you go online.

The end result is probably no different - once a console detects the FW, you're effectively half-way banned anyway, M$ just won't know about it until you go online, and you won't lose certain HDD functionality until you do.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XVal is giving false reports

people have tried it on their banned systems and it says its clean, not banned

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
triassic911 said:
Yeah MS banning consoles this time of year isn't being money hogs at all. They want us ALL to buy 360s again and on top of that, lots of paranoid people will buy new hdds. Like I said, they SHOULD KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT. Companies take care of their investments ok, I can understand that, but when it's a company like MS, fuck them I'll steal from them in front of their faces.

His point passed by you just like that, eh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool