Magnifico

OP
Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
Jjust a warning to everybody, ive been using Rudolph's NDS backup tool quite a bit lately with my r4 and ez flash 3 in 1. great tool and generally works great, but a warning based on my recent experiences:

backup in general is a good idea, but make sure to backup important stuff (saves etc) especially bevfore using this tool. When dealing with signle files it seemed to be ok, but lately when i was dumping 5+ saves or games in a row, it consistently created corrupted data in the NDS_BACKUP folder which eventually led to corruption of my entire card after running the tool again. Its happened 3 times now. The last two times i reformatted immediately after getting the corrupt data, but the first time it corrupted my card so bad that neither my computer or r4 would recognize the micro sd. only my digital camera would.

just be careful, and in general remember to backup your saves!!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What version of the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool are you using? Do you have your microSD card formatted as FAT, or FAT32? Also, what specifically do you mean by "dumping 5+ saves or games in a row"?

The only problem I've had is that _DS_MENU.DAT got corrupted (only a couple of bytes different) so that it couldn't launch _DS_MSHL.nds when I hit the middle button in the menu. This happened twice, and both times it seemed to be related to the 3in1 ExpPack Tool, though I'm not totally sure it was the cause.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm thinking of the wrong app.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a look at Rudolph's site, I beleive he explicitly mentions this as a warning, something along the lines of backup your stuff, else you might lose it when using this tool - "Until now the same, always SD backup to use please."

Unfortunately, people seem to go all drooling idiot like when they see a tool like the backup tool posted and wind up completely ignoring or sharing a translated warning when spreading the binaries.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this happen to me a few times (moonshell corruption that is) now and I don't own a 3-in-1 so I don't think it's anything to do with that. I thought it was just a random thing happening to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't ask how I know that's in the works lol