Warner CEO confirms that both Gotham Knights and Hogwarts Legacy will still be out this year

3d0308b0-e607-11ea-9efd-28b402fed619.cf.jpg

Warner Bros. Interactive has been dealing with a number of delays in recent history. Three of its games weren't able to meet their 2021 launch windows: Gotham Knights, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, and Hogwarts Legacy. There's also rumors floating about that another one of its games, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, has been pushed back from 2022 to 2023. So when it comes to any of these games actually releasing this time around, there's a little uncertainty.

Luckily, a Tweet from Warner Media's CEO seems to assuage any fears, as he mentions during a financial briefing that WB has a "full slate" of games coming out in 2022, including both Gotham Knights and Hogwarts Legacy. For now, neither of these games have a release date, but at least LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga does--it'll be releasing on April 5, 2022.

:arrow: Source

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but at least LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga does--it'll be releasing on April 5, 2022.
Nooo thank you; fuck you, Rey, and fuck you, Kathleen.
Please delete the most recent "trilogy", Disney; the franchise will be much better off without them. And without SOLO, as well.

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
Nooo thank you; fuck you, Rey, and fuck you, Kathleen.
Please delete the most recent "trilogy", Disney; the franchise will be much better off without them. And without SOLO, as well.
Hard disagree on Solo. Underrated and underappreciated due to poor release timing.
An unfortunate casualty of the collective, albeit justified hate on the sequel trilogy.

On topic: looking forward to LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Might pick up a new xbox because of it.

Reactions: SavageNoble

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear I suppose. I expect Gotham Knights will be a solid game, if mostly a paint-by-numbers affair following Rocksteady's previous outline. Lots of big questions surrounding Hogwarts Legacy still, so I'm waiting on reviews for that. Any AAA games releasing later this year will be hard pressed to peel me away from Elden Ring, so odds are I'll be holding off on buying either until they're 50% off or more.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still hoping Hogwarts Legacy continues to be delayed forever.
Yea, especially since it'll be open world. Very interesting idea tbh, the HP lore is more than sufficient to cram the world with side-quest/characters etc. Though the combat might be what makes it or breaks it, i wouldn't mind an RPG style combat as it's well suited for the spells, but that's highly unlikely. Hope they deliver the HP game we've all been waiting for..

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, I actually just don't want it to come out this obecause fuck J. K. Rowling. It's most likely going to be a good game and sell amazingly well but that also means J.K. continues to stay relevant and that isn't amazing.
The author spends 20 years creating one of the most significant IPs of the last century and because they post a few tweets with a somewhat acrimonious tone, suddenly a pack of Westerns on the Internet decide that she needs to be erased from human history.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Check this out: you'd disagree with most authors of the things you consume if they actually spoke their minds. People who have different opinions than you can create cool things. Get over it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The author spends 20 years creating one of the most significant IPs of the last century and because they post a few tweets with a somewhat acrimonious tone, suddenly a pack of Westerns on the Internet decide that she needs to be erased from human history.
I wasn't gonna comment on this topic, but you specified westerners and it got me thinking. Why does that appear to be the case? I was in India a few years back and there was a screening of one of the HP films and I overheard a conversation amongst some people waiting to go in.. one of them was saying to the others why are you here don't you know how JKR talks about your community.. and they replied, yeah we don't agree with her personal views but we still love her and her books. I didn't really think about it at the time, but it's not a typical response in the west. Gender is way more of an identity here than just some private part of your life.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wasn't gonna comment on this topic, but you specified westerners and it got me thinking. Why does that appear to be the case? I was in India a few years back and there was a screening of one of the HP films and I overheard a conversation amongst some people waiting to go in.. one of them was saying to the others why are you here don't you know how JKR talks about your community.. and they replied, yeah we don't agree with her personal views but we still love her and her books. I didn't really think about it at the time, but it's not a typical response in the west. Gender is way more of an identity here than just some private part of your life.
I didn't mention it casually, yeah. I spent a lot of time in Asia before the pandemic and people over there are much better at separating works from their authors. It's probably (I'm guessing; I don't have empirical evidence for this) part of their less individualistic societal structure. People in the West who assume they aren't individualistic because they think of "others" rarely understand that this is not the point. Matters such as how important one's gender is are centered on the individual and their perception of their importance in the world... over in Asia it's often more about what your role in society is and how well you are fulfilling that role, regardless of your personal choices.

Jester_Helquin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard disagree on Solo. Underrated and underappreciated due to poor release timing.
An unfortunate casualty of the collective, albeit justified hate on the sequel trilogy.

On topic: looking forward to LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Might pick up a new xbox because of it.
I loved the original Lego game, my friend would come after school and we would 100% the games. Now we are older he is off in the military, when he gets back we plan on going through this game all over again

Jestor88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have heard that because of the delay they have decided to combine some of the games for a faster release soon can we preorder Gotham Knights a Hogwarts LEGOcy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone