ROM Hack Warioware D.I.Y. .mio files sharing thread

Dielji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so, those of you using an M3 Real who were having issues with your saves, have you got a working solution? I'm having the same problem, it tells me "Not mio sav" every time I use miotool and try to open the sav. I've tried crygortool as well, with no luck, it seemed to work, but didn't actually modify the sav at all, it seems.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dielji said:
Hey, so, those of you using an M3 Real who were having issues with your saves, have you got a working solution? I'm having the same problem, it tells me "Not mio sav" every time I use miotool and try to open the sav. I've tried crygortool as well, with no luck, it seemed to work, but didn't actually modify the sav at all, it seems.
If your save is not 32MB, the game shouldn't be able to save much, if at all. Miotool won't open saves that aren't 32MB.

Dielji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m2pt5 said:
Dielji said:
If your save is not 32MB, the game shouldn't be able to save much, if at all. Miotool won't open saves that aren't 32MB.

It is exactly 32 MB, that's not the problem, and it saves everything I do in the game just fine, but miotool still won't open it.

tolomeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dielji said:
m2pt5 said:
Dielji said:

It is exactly 32 MB, that's not the problem, and it saves everything I do in the game just fine, but miotool still won't open it.

i think is m3's problem 'couse it doesn't save wi-fi games...

EDIT: CrygorTool has been released, i think it's better than miotool
http://scupizzaboy.blogspot.com/

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tolomeo said:
EDIT: CrygorTool has been released, i think it's better than miotool
http://scupizzaboy.blogspot.com/
In many ways, it is. Notably, miotool replaces your game code (the four-letter code on every game that's determined by the creator's company) on every game that passes through it, either by import or export, with "yasu" and CrygorTool doesn't. However, it can't yet handle records or comics.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
nds.gif
Heres my microgames http://www.mediafire.com/?qyzdmmqdzrj i dunno if i uploaded correctly because this my first time uploading a file
unsure.gif

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just played DIY for the first time and made the classic Old Man catching a Weedle. You just need to tap the Old Man to win. I was going to make a proper Pokemon tune to play in the background but I'd already spent the best part of an hour making the sprites. I'll upload it later along with some other stuff.

tolomeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The worst is that CrygorTool uses too much CPU (it shut down my old laptop) and doesn't support m3 real saves (yet?),
Anyaway, you are right, it doesn't write yasu on your microgames and if new betas are released i'm sure i'll beat yasu's

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tolomeo said:
CrygorTool ... doesn't support m3 real saves (yet?),
Your save is probably 512KB, right? DIY has a 32MB save, and 512KB saves shouldn't work at all. (That's why Crygortool/miotool won't open it.) At the very least, you won't be able to save much.

Dielji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m2pt5 said:
tolomeo said:
CrygorTool ... doesn't support m3 real saves (yet?),
Your save is probably 512KB, right? DIY has a 32MB save, and 512KB saves shouldn't work at all. (That's why Crygortool/miotool won't open it.) At the very least, you won't be able to save much.

In fact, as has been said repeatedly in this thread, the M3 real DOES make 32MB saves, and we can save our games perfectly fine, but Crygortool and miotool STILL can't do anything with them, it's got to do with the format of the file.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the save files [whatever].sav? Cyrgor/miotool only handle raw saves. Maybe a savegame converter could help. I don't know if this can deal with the 32MB saves, but give it a shot.

Edit: I don't think it's been said "repeatedly"; this is only the second time I can recall it coming up.

Edit: Ok, as far as I can tell, while M3 Real makes the right size of saves, they're not the RAW format that is expected. This might work?
Edit: Nope, spits out a 512k file from raw save to .0 (which it says is the M3/G6 DS Real format.)
One last edit: I contacted the guy who wrote the offline save converter and suggested added support for DIY's 32MB save. We'll see if it happens.

Dielji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m2pt5 said:
Are the save files [whatever].sav? Cyrgor/miotool only handle raw saves. Maybe a savegame converter could help. I don't know if this can deal with the 32MB saves, but give it a shot.

Edit: I don't think it's been said "repeatedly"; this is only the second time I can recall it coming up.

Edit: Ok, as far as I can tell, while M3 Real makes the right size of saves, they're not the RAW format that is expected. This might work?
Edit: Nope, spits out a 512k file from raw save to .0 (which it says is the M3/G6 DS Real format.)
One last edit: I contacted the guy who wrote the offline save converter and suggested added support for DIY's 32MB save. We'll see if it happens.

Sorry, just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing, I'm chomping at the bit to start importing artwork into the games I'm building, and it's just barely out of reach. I definitely appreciate your help in figuring this out, though.

tolomeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i also tried with the online save converter but it always corrupted my save...

i hope the next m3 firmware fix it, on the m3 forum the team said they were working on it

And thanks for your time, as soon as i get it work i'll share my microgames

Nekoxid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made a quick microgame based on an old Atari/PC game I like (Alley Cat).
My problem with the scripting is with the object movement randomization (to make an object suddenly change it's movement direction randomly). I had to do a little trick with 3 offscreen object, but at least it works. :)
Anyway. Link for the mio file: http://www.mediafire.com/?j5uonzlkjyy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol