Wario ware Myself / Made in ore

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by killercow, Apr 13, 2009.

Apr 13, 2009
  1. killercow
    OP

Newcomer killercow Member

United States
    Hello to all the folks here, just wanted to share my excitement for the next wario ware game which i'm reall found of. Since the first one was out in japan, i fell in love with the series. This one looks like it will really brings a lot more to the table with microgame creation and sharing, a little bit like the littlebigplanet of the ds. So who's excited for it? It's out on april 29 and i'm really looking forward to it! Though this time the language might be a barrier... (the definition of the microgame requires action verbs which will all be written down on japanese so i'll try to translate them all with an online translator... [​IMG])

2. Stufreddy

Newcomer Stufreddy Member

Canada
    I'm pretty excited about this one being a fan of the series. I hope the creator is pretty expansive though so I can make various micro games based on television shows and inside jokes. I want to make one where you kill kenny by tapping him.

3. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    i LOVE WarioWare games but i'm not so sure about this one. I'd rather play than make games. I hope i'll like it.

4. Stufreddy

Canada
    That's another part of the game I'm looking forward to. Sharing micro games would be pretty easy on a forum like this. All you would have to do is share the .sav file and other people could download and play your games.

5. tkls

Newcomer tkls Member

Australia
    its dsiware isnt it?

6. Stufreddy

Canada
    I found this on eurogamer. I don't know how great of a source that is.

"For existing DS owners there will be WarioWare: Myself, a more traditional mini-game affair but with a create and share element. There's even a WiiWare counterpart in the works, which will allow user created games to be played, but will not feature a toolset itself."

7. Hisiru

Member Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    here guys (and no, this is not for the DSiware) :
    Made in Ore (DS)

- April 29th in Japan
    - includes 90 microgames
    - make your own microgames
    - three sections: My House, WarioWare, My Shop
    - My House: where you work on your games
    - WarioWare: tutorial
    - My Shop: save games and piece them together
    - draw sprites, create sound effects, make rules, create music, draw comics and more
    - upload your work to Nintendo for contests
    - download microgames, music and comics from Nintendo

links:
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=78384
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173648

the cartridge will come with space for some new sprites and downlodable things via wi fi (like daigasso band brothers)

movie:
    http://gamerblips.dailyradar.com/video/war...re_made_in_ore/
    http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/ds/made-in-....html?cod_img=1
    http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/ds/made-in-....html?cod_img=2
    http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/ds/made-in-....html?cod_img=3
    News:
    http://www.mariowiki.com/WarioWare:_Myself

8. darkriku2000

Member darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I hope they add in some dsi specific funtions (in other words, let it run on ds, but have extra features on dsi, like something with the camera)

9. killercow
    OP

United States
    Well the official website is up with some new information about how to create a minigame. It also shows the wii ware add on which will add some specific minigames and is listed at 1-4 players so multiplayer for the wii(n)!
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/uorj/index.html

10. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Say what?

11. killercow
    OP

United States
    Well i did say "a bit" it's a creation tool that looks deep enough to have a great library of microgames made by people. It's also the only thing that is close enough to the concept of littlebigplanet or spore made by Nintendo (on the ds) so i thought that the comparaison wasn't useless.

12. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    Any idea when its coming out in English? Or is anyone planning to translate it? [​IMG]

13. darkriku2000

Member darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, no... I think that the closest thing to spore on the ds would be, Spore, for the DS

14. killercow
    OP

United States

Well usually you don't need a translation but this one will be a bit harder. Like i said i will try to translate all the action verbs that are used during the creation process.

15. killercow
    OP

United States
    Well i forgot about that one, but i was thinking of spore on the pc, with that big creation tool and the emphasis on sharing.

Also right from DS-scene here's the translation of the website

-Settings
    Set the game title and length. The software can also generate these for you if you like.

-Drawing
    Create the game's characters and backgrounds along with simple animations. For those who need some help, the software comes with a variety of pre-drawn "stamps" for items like rocks, the earth, and Famicom Mario.

-Sound Making
    Create background music for your game, either on your own or by simply selecting the genre and tempo and having the software generate something for you. The music length can be at most one phrase (two bars).

-Assembly
    Create rules for your game, instructions for its characters, and conditions for clearing and losing.

-Completion
    Create the color and shape of your cartridge.

Videos of these steps can be seen at the How to Make page off the official site.

You can store up to 90 games in your cart's "Ore Shop" ("My Shop"). This space is shared between games that you've made yourself, game's that you've received from friends, and games that you've downloaded from a download shop called "Game Shop Ninten." At least two games will be offered per week through the download shop .

The program comes with 90 sample games built in. These are hosted by the classic Made in Wario cast. Clips can be seen at the sample game page off the official site.

For those who are worried about the complexities of the creation process, the software offers a few support modes, including guides to game creation and drawing. It's also possible to start off with the sample games or games that have been received from friends and make edits to create your own work.

Outside of mini-games, the creation tools can be used to create records and manga. These can also be stored in your Ore Shop and traded with friends. Records can be of 24 phrases length. The manga allows for four black and white frames.

The software ships with over 90 samples each for the records and manga. For the manga samples, Nintendo has tapped famous manga artists like Isami Nakagawa and Kotobuki Shiriagari. Images of the guest manga can be seen at the record and manga page of the official site.

The WiiWare side of the game, Asobu Made in Ore, is for those who want to play rather than create. It does not provide creation tools.

Built-in content includes 72 games, 18 manga, and 18 records. The games are all original and can be sent to the DS version to be played on the small screen.

The WiiWare title can also connect to the Game Ninten Shop download shop. The available content is shared between the DS and WiiWare versions of the game.

Those who have the DS version can send their games, manga, and records to the WiiWare version, using the WiiWare title as either a storage space or as a means of viewing and playing the content on a television screen. The WiiWare version can hold 72 of each of the three types of media.

It's possible to trade content between two copies of the WiiWare game, provided both parties have exchanged friend codes. Games can be rated and commented upon.

Both the WiiWare and DS versions of the game will arrive on April 29. The WiiWare version will carry an 800 WiiPoint price point. The DS version is a retail game selling for 4,800 yen.

16. Hisiru

Member Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
  17. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    Wow thanks for the vids. Finally some more info [​IMG]

18. tkls

Newcomer tkls Member

Australia
    I can see it is going to take someone very dedicated to make something good with this...
    Nice to see Nintendo not taking the "our users are stupid, lets make this as easy as possible" route they usually do. This could be quite good.

19. killercow
    OP

United States
  20. killercow
    OP

United States
    Ok it's out next week! Can't wait. By the way a lor of ads are available on gametrailers.com for those who want to see more of the game.