Wario Ware Gold is awesome!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Dodain47, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Dodain47
    OP

Dodain47 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    A perfect collection of old and new games from the Wario Ware series!
    I spent 3 hours on the Mash League and I feel the same kind of magic I felt playing the first Wario Ware game in 2003.

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Scan in some amiibos and have Wario draw them... it's pretty cool.

3. pthfdr

pthfdr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    China
    Well if you really want, the GBA and DS version is still available on the eShop if you want to spend money.

4. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Lol @ spending money... Go to some ROM site or Google it and play with an emulator

ThoD likes this.
  5. MegaGenesis

MegaGenesis Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Brazil
    I still regret ignoring this franchise for so long. I tried only when My Nintendo offered Warioware: Touched as a prize, then i downloaded a ROM and play on my NDS Lite to see if i like, and it quickly became my favorite DS game! Its game that took the dust of my NDS Lite. I shoud've got that My Nintendo version for my 3DS later... i was saving my coins for HOME menu themes.

6. qqq1

qqq1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    qqq1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    It's great and I like the voice acting. Where was Ashley's theme?

7. lpoolm

lpoolm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I'm just not getting it at the moment.. To be honest I've never played one before so thought it was worth a go but not seeing the big draw yet.. Will give it another go, probably..

8. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    lol @ emulators, buy the games for cheap from ebay or load them in flashcarts in your gba\ds
    there is that wario ware with the gyroscope that is loads of fun with the real thing

9. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    it mightve been luck of the draw, but i ran into previously known games a little too often for my taste and the story mode was over in a flash with the option to just continue.
    also, the final minigame was really annoying, forcing you through what felt like 3 minutes of stupidly slow but easy tasks and then tripping you up with the last two, meaning you repeat the first 3 minutes again

10. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Does anyone know if this includes all the past micro games or just a huge collection of the "best"? In my idea world, it would include every single one from the past but I know that probably isnt the case. Oh well.

Warioware, or at least Warioware Touched! was very important to me.
    When I was 15, I got my first real job at a ground cover wholesale greenhouse. I had never had a job before, not one with taxes, manual labor, and a full 40 hour work week. I was not physically inclined either. I didn't play sports or anything, but at least I wasn't overweight. I technically wasn't even legally allowed to work a full time job without a labor permit. It was awful. I spent just about every day miserable.
    On the upside of things, which at a hot sticky greenhouse there weren't many, I was making very good money for a 15 year old. Not only was I working 40 hours a week, I was making 8 bucks an hour, which in 2005 was 1.6 times more than minimum wage. So I took some of that money and bought myself a brand new phatty DS bundled with SM64 and a copy of Warioware Touched!.
    A week or so later, my family took a trip to the coast and I naturally brought my DS. I have very font memories of not only the beach, but playing my shiny new DS in the A/C. Many of those hours were spent playing Touched!. And I absolutely loved it. Touched! has always held a special place in my heart. A respite from a miserable summer.

chirogan likes this.
  11. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It doesn't have every single one, but it has a lot of classics, and all of them seem to have redrawn graphics and in some cases different inputs (mostly the Wii ones).

12. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    lol I have a flashcard BTW and also google them.. And got them

13. saltysalamander

saltysalamander Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    I don't even know half the time.
    I am loving this game. It's such a blast from the past. I love how they use the gyroscope.

14. pthfdr

pthfdr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    China
    I did not even know that the 3DS has one, considering that nearly no game used it.

15. Dodain47
    OP

Dodain47 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Yep. mGBA supports it for games like Kirby TiltĀ“n Tumble for the gbc or Wario Ware Twisted for the gba!

16. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I need to see if they have any more physical copies soon.

17. chirogan

chirogan The Engineer

Feb 28, 2018
    Philippines
    3ds used it a lot. Legend of Zelda, or Kirby, resident evil. Mario kart. Van helsing, metal gear.... etc.

Most games usually dont use it. But a lot of games used it. Sometimes, we are not just aware because we never used them unless we need to do it or the game requires it.

18. Justanotherharpy

Justanotherharpy Member

Newcomer
    Yesterday
    United States
    Does it got any warioware touch! mini games I want to see my girl Ashley again

19. Dodain47
    OP

Dodain47 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I believe a couple games from warioware touch are included..

Has anyone tried the Sneaky gamer Challenge yet? That one is hiliarious!:rofl:

20. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    While it's great and all, and the twist games also run a treat using the gyroscope, it's just not the same as playing using the actual WW Twisted cart and the 'dundundundundun' (?!?) rumble you got from it (*sniff*...RIP my Twisted cart!)
    Don't like the voices either ...yeah I'm just a grumpy old fart!
    Otherwise, yes it's fabulous! :D