Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Everybody knows the fat, evil "cousin" of mario : Wario
He has a new adventure on the DS where he can change into =

* Thief Wario: This form grants the ability to run and to jump higher.
He also attacks directly with a barge attack. Has no Mastery Gem
(To use, draw a check mark)
* Cosmic Wario: This form jumps with longer hang time, as if in low-gravity.
He attacks enemies and activates switches by shooting lasers. Mastery Gem lets his shots bounce.
(To use, draw a space helmet-- a circle, starting from the bottom)
* Arty Wario: This form can draw blocks, hearts, and warp doors that can take you to the last save point or the
beginning of the stage. The downside is he is unable to move while in this disguise.
Mastery Gem lets him draw hearts and 3 blocks.
(To use, draw an artist's easel-- a square, starting from the bottom-left corner and going in clockwise direction.
Once it's a square, continue drawing from the bottom-left to the top-right corner.)
* Genius Wario: This form can see things invisible to the naked eye and wields a boxing glove device that can punch
enemies and some switches.Mastery Gem gives him the Boxing glove.
(To use, draw a magnifying glass-- a line up, then right and curve down and left to form a "P". Continue the curving until it
gets to the top of the P again.)
* Sparky Wario: As this disguise, Wario lights up dark places and can generate electricity.
Mastery Gem: he throws sparks at nearby enemies when he sparks.
(To use, draw a reversed thunderbolt.)
* Captain Wario: This disguise allows Wario to travel through water.
Mastery Gem lets him turn into a submarine and shoot torpedoes.
(To use, draw a ship's prow in front of Wario-- a semi-circle, starting at the top and going clockwise.)
* Dragon Wario: This form grants Wario fire breath that is mainly used to destroy fire blocks.
If Wario steps over a thin platform, he will fall through-- though this can be cruicial depending where you are.
Mastery Gem lets him destroy blue fire blocks.
(To use, draw a dragon's tail, starting from Wario's head-- a line diagonally down and left, then go right)
* Wicked Wario: When you blow into the DS mic, this Wario can fly only up. Mastery Gem lets him move while flying.
(To use, draw a wing on Wario's back-- a triangle.)

I wanna know the pro's and contra's of the game ...
I'm thinking of buying it, 'cuz I loved the game on GBA
wub.gif

Any1 Has the game ? (If yes, positive points
bow.gif
, Negative points
huh.gif
)

Feel free to post

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
I had really high hopes for this game (avid wario fan speaking here), but after playing it, there's way too much story, and the costume thing with the stylus is just a gimmick, it takes alot away from the game in my opinion.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really liked the game. And the story was sometimes funny. If you like Wario 4, give it a try. It plays nearly the same with a bit of Metroid-style.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, I'm going to enjoy the game as much as you guys
happy.gif
Nah you won't, its the worst Nintendo game in ages. Its one of those you should try before you buy.

Wario Land 1-4 are far far far better. This game has forced touchscreen uses, graphically has a crap style and the mini games are the same ones you've played many times before.

Dunno what SpaceJump is on about its nothing like Wario 4 at all.

blackmaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree, don't spend a penny on this unless you've tried it first, It's very very average.

If I didn't know better I'd think it was a poor third party platformer with Wario in it.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hm, all I can say is I enjoyed the game. Once you get used to the controls it works quite well. I didn't say it's better than Wario Land 1-4, but it's still a good game. At least for me. Also noteworthy is that the game gets better and better as you advance.

Try it
wink.gif

blackmaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not what I'd call a BAD game, its not like its painful like that bloody Tank Beat game, it's an ok platformer but I can name so many better platformers to have a go at.

Yoshi's Island
New Super Mario Bros
Kirby!
Super Princess Peach
Either of the Castlevania games.

This Wario game is an acquired taste in my personal opinion.

You should definitely try it first.

Good luck with it!

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played this game for a day or so. It was extremely boring to me and the draw your ability thing was dumb and takes too much time. I wouldn't recommend it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Up