PS1/2 Warhawk or CoD4?

Trulen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya.

I got my PS3 about a week or two ago. Maybe two.

I got Elder Scrolls: Oblivion with it. Played that, and loved it.

Then got MGS4. Holycrap amazing. But I've beaten it and have been playing the online portion.
While it's good and really didn't need to be implimented, it doesn't fill my need of an online multiplayer game.

I've got two games in mind. Warhawk and CoD4.

I'm considering Warhawk because of it's use of aerial vehicles. Also, the so-called "Balance," in the game.
Though the "throw the noobs in with the veterans" schmeal isn't my cup of tea.
I'm a late bloomer when it comes to online multiplayer games.
It takes me a loooong loooong time to get good.
Though on MOH:H2 on the wii, it took me only two weeks to be able to get an even kill to death ratio.

And MGO, today was the first day where I had one more kill than death! I managed to kill three people without dying.

I consider CoD4 because it has the "Noobs getting thrown in with noobs" aspect.
And because it's the "HOLYCRAP SUPERAWESOME BEST GAME EVER GET IT NOW" game.

Voice chat is also a concern.
I really don't like it, myself, unless I'm playing with friends who I can physically visit.
Problem is, I'm the only friend I know who went against the norm and bought a PS3.
So that leaves online people.

I haven't left for college left, so I live with my parents.
They have concern for STRANGERDANGER.
And honestly, I don't feel comfortable talking with strangers D:

How important is Voice Chat? Will it make or break gameplay if you can't communicate?
MOH:H2 was simple. Shoot the mess out of the other guy. If you saw a guy on your team, follow him. Your chances of surviving are better.

But yeah. I plan to get either one used. Don't feel like paying 60 bucks plus tax on discs that you have to man-handle nowadays to mess up.
And I don't know many people who buy little kids PS3 games.

Or if you know of a better online multiplayer, doesn't have to be shooter, then tell me.
Offline multiplayer is a welcome bonus.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
DON'T GET WARHAWK, DON'T
I REPEAT DO NOT GET WARHAWK

I don't like it, it's.... weird, truth is that is not THAT bad, but it DOESN'T play like an FPS, it plays.... well it plays like Warhawk. Get CoD4!

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
I'd say CoD4. Allthough its very frustrating at times; lots of communication errors (especialyl in Australia), martyrdom, noob tubes, 6 people from the same clan making a party and coming in to your game and totally destroying your team full of strangers just to name a few. And it doesnt really take long to get good either, well it diidnt for me.

Then WarHawk is also very fun i find, very balanced game i did thoroughly enjoy it. Except the learning curve is very steep, takes so long to get your head around the controls and probably a month to get a decent KDR. But the lobby system in this game is fucking amazing compared to CoD4's. WarHawk alos reminds me of Battlefield.

I'd actaully recomened you get both, cause whenever i get sick of either one, i just switch to the next.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
VVoltz™ said:
DON'T GET WARHAWK, DON'T

I don't like it, it's.... weird, truth is that is not THAT bad, but it DOESN'T play like an FPS, it plays.... well it plays like Warhawk. Get CoD4!

my answer is same as his.
DO NOT BUY WARHAWK this was one of the worst game that i played in my life after BARBIE XD lol
i tried to play for a week but i couldnt master it.. the controls where shit.
but cod4 i mastered it under 2 days.. best game ever. first i used to get 1 kill and 15 deaths but now i get 10-40 kills and 0-10 deaths.

ps:
add me if u want, my psn :rey916

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
reym said:
VVoltz™ said:
DON'T GET WARHAWK, DON'T

DO NOT BUY WARHAWK this was one of the worst game that i played in my life after BARBIE XD lol
but cod4 i mastered it under 2 days.. best game ever. first i used to get 1 kill and 15 deaths but now i get 10-40 kills and 0-10 deaths.

ps:
You've been added to the PS3 Official Thread!
yaypsp.gif

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
VVoltz™ said:
reym said:
VVoltz™ said:
DON'T GET WARHAWK, DON'T

ps:
yaypsp.gif
errmmm....... thx
wacko.gif

whts a PS3 Official Thread and where is it?(i feel like a noob now)
unsure.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
reym said:
VVoltz™ said:
reym said:
VVoltz™ said:
DON'T GET WARHAWK, DON'T

ps:
yaypsp.gif
errmmm....... thx
wacko.gif

whts a PS3 Official Thread and where is it?(i feel like a noob now)
unsure.gif

Your name is here. We are a small but a very friendly growing community.
yaypsp.gif

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
I happen to like Warhawk very much. It's not even a first person shooter, it's a third person, and it's to be played as an arcady game, not a super realistic military grade tactical simulation.

Also, MGS4 is amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-