Gaming Wanting to buy Japanese DSi

milkbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I want to get a lime green japanese DSi (I love the colour so much, lol. And it's 150 dollars cheaper than in the stores)
But I'd also like to be able to play DSiWare.
I don't particularly want to have to pirate english dsiware so I can play (if DSiWare games are pirateable at all), and would happily pay for it. But it seems that it is all region locked. Is there any way to unlock the region without pirating?

Thank you!

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want one of these myself. Where are you getting it from? As far as DSi ware goes, it's not there yet but it's only a matter of time at this point.

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of getting a yellow shell for an XL. It would cost a lot more for me to import. I'm also holding off on buying one until the 3DS comes out. I hope by then they'll be some good sales.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
milkbot said:
I want to get a lime green japanese DSi (I love the colour so much, lol. And it's 150 dollars cheaper than in the stores)
But I'd also like to be able to play DSiWare.
I don't particularly want to have to pirate english dsiware so I can play (if DSiWare games are pirateable at all), and would happily pay for it. But it seems that it is all region locked. Is there any way to unlock the region without pirating?

Thank you!

This just made me suspicious. Rydian knows what I'm talking about.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Jan 14 2011, 03:03 PM) There is no pirating or modification of DSiware at all right now (in relation to running it).

Hmm.

milkbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Haha
tongue.gif

I really would prefer to just be able to buy them though.

It wouldn't even be an issue if they released the lime green DSi in the west, or even perhaps didn't region lock DSiWare. =/

I guess I gotta weigh up my need to be unique and my want to play some of the sweet dsiware games that have come out LOL

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I own a japanese DSi LL.

No matter where you live: You can ONLY connect to the japanese Dsi-Store! And ONLY buy japanese Dsi Ware. AND you need japanese Nintendo Points to do that!

Keep that in mind!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker