Hacking Want to update softmod

HannaIsabella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to remove my softmod to make my wii into what it once was, can anyone tell me how to do that, if it's possible. ALso, what would happen if I'd update my wii firmware from 4.1 to 4.2, would my console brick?

HannaIsabella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. Sorry for being a bit on the dumb side about this but I'd like to also ask what would happen if I update my wii without changing my mods. Will that cause any problems? I've got a wiikey 2 installed, but I've heard that updating the wii firmware wont cause any problems with that, is that right?

HannaIsabella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done some reading today and looked up what I have on my Wii and I have cIOS249 rev 14, and neogamma r7. If I'd like to update them both do I just download them and install them like they were installed the first time. Or do i have to update something else first like the homebrew channel?

Also since I'm already writing in this thread and starting a new one is pointless, I'd like to ask if anyone is having problems playing Super Mario Galaxy 2. I can play it perfectly on my Wii through neogamma, only it's in black and white. Is it because my soft mod is out of date or because I have a pal Wii?

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
What are you trying to achieve? What problems have you been having to make you want to either remove mods, but now you say you wish to update the mods?

HannaIsabella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I should've said that I decided to try to update instead of deleting. I just kept writing in the same thread since it's silly to start new threads all the time.

I want to update my mods but I wans't the one doing the softmod in the first place so I have no idea how to fix stuff. Now that I've been reading a little about it I just want to know if it's fine to update just neogamma and the cIOS thing, or if I have to update other things aswell.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HannaIsabella said:
I should've said that I decided to try to update instead of deleting. I just kept writing in the same thread since it's silly to start new threads all the time.

I want to update my mods but I wans't the one doing the softmod in the first place so I have no idea how to fix stuff. Now that I've been reading a little about it I just want to know if it's fine to update just neogamma and the cIOS thing, or if I have to update other things aswell.
Just follow the guide at the top pf the Wii Hacking section.

HannaIsabella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, but what would happen if I update my wii to 4.2 using the updat eoption in the wii menu. I would lose my softmods? Can I install them again and be able to play games from other regions?

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes that will work fine, i prefer offline update tho just in case. then use the sticky to softmod again. Updating will get you the newest ios versions so new games and WW/VC will run fine. then the guide will get u back in order

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)