Want to hire someone for CFW Installation Service. Any Recommendations?

actualkoifish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple question, I have a slim PS3 (CECH-2001A) and want to put CFW on it. I'd prefer someone else do it for me and am willing to pay. Does anyone have a recommendation for who to hire for this job? If you can do it or know someone who can, I'd appreciate if you'd send a PM. If this is not appropriate for this forum then let me know and I'll try elsewhere. Thank you.

bonkmaykr

Thinkpad Stickerbomber
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard enough to be worth paying money to do.

Anyone who sells console modding services is most likely a scumbag looking to overcharge you. And they will most likely do something wrong and/or you will end up with a system you don't understand how to properly use.

Just do it yourself. Ask for assistance here if needed (it's FREE! and the cops can't stop you!) :yayps3:

Reactions: Kwyjor

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not willing to learn how to do a softmod I'm sorry to say but you're wasting your time because you'll be the one acquiring the backups and that takes some knowledge as well, including setting up programs on your PS3 to make those backups work. It doesn't just end with the softmod. You can follow instructions right that doesn't require anything technical like installing a modchip? Like download this file and install it? That's all you have to do.

These are the instructions to do hen.

Before we can execute any HEN exploits on our non-CFW slims/super slims we must install Hybrid Firmware (HFW).
Its not strictly necessary to reinstall OFW 4.85 before installing HFW for HEN exploits but its advised to do so.

All you need for this is a USB flash drive.

1. On your PC, open your favourite drive partitioning software (I use MiniTool Partition Wizard)
2. Initialise your USB flash drive to MBR (Master Boot Record)
3. Format your flash drive to FAT32
4. Create a directory on the ROOT of your flash drive and name it 'PS3'
5. Create a directory in the 'PS3' folder we just created and name it 'UPDATE'
6. Download OFW 4.86 from HERE
7. Copy the file 'PS3UPDAT.PUP' to the 'PS3/UPDATE' folder on your USB flash
8. Insert the USB flash drive into your Ps3
9. Navigate to 'Settings' in the XMB and select 'System Update'
10. Select 'Update from USB Storage'
11. Allow update to install
IF **ps3xploit.com >Domain no Longer owned by team** (ps3xploit.me =new) IS DOWN, USE @Coros GUIDE FOUND HERE, AND THEN RETURN HERE TO COMPLETE INSTALLATION.

Now its time to summon the great HEN and install it onto our Ps3s.

This method is the simplest.

1. Navigate to 'Network/Internet Browser'
2. Push Start and enter this web address - www.**ps3xploit.com >Domain no Longer owned by team** (ps3xploit.me =new)/hen/installer
3. Once page has loaded, Select "Initialize HEN Installer"
4. HEN will now install
5. Reboot

HEN installation is now complete!

Even if you have someone do it for you because you just can't, you're going to have a hard time with getting the games on your PS3 regardless if it's backing up the discs yourself or downloading them. You have to learn a little bit but none of it is hard, and if you get stuck just ask on GBATemp that's what we're here for. You won't brick your PS3.

p.s. it's not exactly the latest guide for the newest firmware, just one I copy/pasted to show you the type of steps you'd be following. It's just put this file on a usb drive and copy it to this certain place, go to the website on your PS3 etc....

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: bonkmaykr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that's why SLI sucks, well one reason