Want to help someone setting up emulator(s)

thekarter104

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
2,261
Reaction score
886
Trophies
1
XP
4,196
Country
United States
Hello.

I want to help someone setting up emulators for someone who doesn't know how the computer works at all.
He has a laptop and I want to set it up as easy as it can be, because I'm not sure if opening up an emulator, load a ROM, set controls and setting up plugins (N64).

RetroArch might be too hard for him as you need to load a core? What's the best way to set emulation up for someone who doesn't know how his laptop works?
Thanks.
 
id recommend setting up a front end such as emulationstation or launchbox. I set up a usb running emulationstation on portable mode for a similar situation. It takes a bit of setting up but once its going its def the easiest to maintain (and as i learned easiest to fix by keeping a backup. most front ends can run various emulators including retroarch. Essentially you want to turn a usb drive into retropie where its all controlled by gamepad and everything is preconfigured.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted