Hacking Waninkoko's on fire !!!! Cios Rev20 Coming !

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
waninkoko said:
The only game I have with IOS reloading is Red Steel and it didn't work... well, it didn't work even loading it from disc channel (my copy is original, lol).

If you wan't a real bitch, try Sam & Max Season 1. Most likely its in the 1€ bin now days
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
waninkoko said:
The only game I have with IOS reloading is Red Steel and it didn't work... well, it didn't work even loading it from disc channel (my copy is original, lol).

I remember having some issues to get this to work back in the old SoftChip days. And i mean problems if the game was burned and IOS Version patched to IOS249, or if a modchip was used. I think the problem was the magic word that's part of the discid wasn't read by SoftChip at that time. I guess this doesn't help, i doubt you messed up the read disc id call, or the memory at 0x80000000-0x80000020.

Do you have Wii Sports Resort or any other WM+ game? Just watching the WM+ video also involves an IOS Reload.

Anyways, good to see some progress on that issue. I think the final test would be to load the cIOS in an app, mount a game, exit to system menu and play it from disc channel.

linuxares said:
QUOTE(waninkoko @ Mar 29 2010, 12:22 PM) The only game I have with IOS reloading is Red Steel and it didn't work... well, it didn't work even loading it from disc channel (my copy is original, lol).

If you wan't a real bitch, try Sam & Max Season 1. Most likely its in the 1€ bin now days
wink.gif

I could put the IOS Reloading games in at least 3 categories which all need to be tested:
1:
Sam & Max, FarCry and CSI, they all require the Sam & Max fix
2:
House of the Dead 2, it works with a very simple IOS Reload block code inside the cIOS
3:
all others

And most likely there are differences to the IOS Reload behaviour of the games of category 3

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe someone will customize one of all the usb loaders out there to interact/run/Boot/pass arguments to a "game launcher" dvd-disc instead and that way combine it all togheter so it can take advantage of the ios reload patch, atleast until the cIOS can handle usb/sdhc also.

Not gonna work on newer wii drives though
frown.gif

mruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o look he has jokes
rolleyes.gif

that site is in the US and it is still March 31st there... i guess some people just cant wait

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sorry to bump such an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one over this little piece of info

it has been confirmed, waninkoko's next cIOS installer will be able to install cIOS with different bases into different slots. For example, selecting 38 base at 249, 37 base at 251, 57 base at 252 and etc.

source, read the twitter convo between wanin and scrumbleyj

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
sorry to bump such an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one over this little piece of info

it has been confirmed, waninkoko's next cIOS installer will be able to install cIOS with different bases into different slots. For example, selecting 38 base at 249, 37 base at 251, 57 base at 252 and etc.

source, read the twitter convo between wanin and scrumbleyj
Too late: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=222370

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Zetta_x said:
Has anyone heard any news with rev 20 progress?
Belive me...any news and Tweets from Wanin would be posted here, even if it would be only a letter...

So no, no news. Have patience, wait, and don't bump a Topic, like all the other people do
wink.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast response
smile.gif

I follow his twitter which I have checked about twice a day since Rev 19 was released
wink.gif
(I mainly interested in some of the FAT module fixes). I wasn't completely sure if he only used twitter about progress with Rev 20 since there doesn't seem to be much posted lately.

I was feeling really hesitant about posting on this topic given that it was an outdated one, but it was the most recent one I could find in regards to rev 20.On a brighter note I didn't create a new thread which I felt would be more noob like.

Thanks again,
Z - (I love math!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...