Hacking Waninkoko's Menu Patcher>Gamma/softchip?

LolDaktoa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, does Waninkoko's menu patcher eliminate the need for a backup launcher? From my understanding, running the menu patcher and loading a 1:1 backup disc from the disc channel would allow the game to run at it's full speed with 100% compatability? Unlike in gamma/softchip? Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know withCustom IOS36 rev07 you can use the menu patcher and it plays games without the backup launcher. But I dont know how reliable it is.

Leobgood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used it, but you have to reload the patcher everytime you reset or turn the wii off.
It's been easier for me to just use a backup launcher instead.

As far as full speed and 100% compatibilty - I don't know.

LolDaktoa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
no softmod runs at 100% speed...
softmod 3x
modchip 6x

-kitt050383

as far as i'm aware....

Okay thanks. You seem to be a pretty knowledgeable person Kitt, could you tell me which backup loader/launcher is the best right now? In terms of compatability/speed. Softchip, Gamma, or uhh booting from the disc channel using waninkoko's menu patcher?

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a modchip man myself....
But I did install gamma on my friends Wii... Being it's base is of GeckOS... it's got some nice features...
And I like it...

But that's just my opinion... I know allot of people keep both softchip and gamma on their Wii's for full range of compatibility...

-kitt050383

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a matter of personal preference. I haven't tried softchip, but the other two are the exact same in terms of speed(3x) and compatibility(very high). I perfer Gamma due to its features, but like I said, its a matter of opinion.

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i use neither. i use cios rev7 and menupatcher only. games load from the disc channel, i have not seen any difference in compatibility than with using gamma or softchip. also when you play a game, it lists the game name in your history, not time spent in "0.3 Gamma".

D

Deleted User

Chemical_Warfare said:
i use neither. i use cios rev7 and menupatcher only. games load from the disc channel, i have not seen any difference in compatibility than with using gamma or softchip. also when you play a game, it lists the game name in your history, not time spent in "0.3 Gamma".

what is this menupatcher?
is it a permanent patch? or is it just like the one in gamma where its until you turn off the console

megahunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chemical_Warfare said:
actually if you use backuplauncher 0.3gamma and press b you will get back to the wii menu and be able to launch the game in the disch channel and then you vill have the game listed as you played it

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
megahunter said:
Chemical_Warfare said:
actually if you use backuplauncher 0.3gamma and press b you will get back to the wii menu and be able to launch the game in the disch channel and then you vill have the game listed as you played it

why would you bother doing that if you could just boot menupatcher every time
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time