Hacking Waninkoko's cIOS Rev20 Coming This Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
M[u said:
ddy]
Well actually the music is essential for the installer to work.

lol no it isnt, it just BGM

Anyway im not a lover of the audio myself but all i do is hit mute, no harm no foul and most are sharp to install the cIOS when launched so if ppl hated it so much why bother running the installer in the first place

You dont want to listen to afew seconds of BMG..... simple

1. hit mute
2. dont run the installer in the first place

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously he was kidding man
tongue.gif
It's like saying the cios song is needed because when wiispeak hears it, it installs the cios. Wii speak is necessary for rev20 and you can't mute it
tongue.gif
lol like he was obviously just kidding around, and if he wasn't then shame on him lol

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
or use NUSAD to grab the cIOS in wad form and install it without any music using a wad manager (or your own custom music if using WM v1.7)

of course, since NUSAD creates cIOSs by backwards engineering them, it will NEVER be able to release a cIOS before the installer is released... so if u are in a hurry to test out the cIOS the day it is released, NUSAD wont be updated quick enough for you... but if u can wait awhile, NUSAD hopefully wont be too far behind
biggrin.gif

FYI, even I run the installer in order to get the cIOS in the first place, then I bluedump it into a wad, unpack the wad, analyze it (and compare it against the unpacked base wad), then I do w/e I need to do to reverse engineer it.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pepxl said:
lol no it isnt, it just BGM
It seams you didn't get the Discworld reference.
QUOTEThere is also a mouse that has built its nest in the middle of Hex. It doesn't seem to do anything, but Hex stops working if it is removed, or if Ponder forgets to feed it cheese.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
This sounds hoopy. Froody, in fact.

Edit: It's BS that Waninkoko includes shitty electric guitar and advertisments for Technoconsolas or whatever in his app. I just hit mute and get it over with, but he's not a very humble developer. He could at least put in less obtrusive music.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rich333 said:
someone close this thread!

the music on the installer is hardly worth discussing.
+1! Its so off topic anymore..

On topic, thanks for the changelog so far waninkoko, really lookin forward to rev20! triiforce compatibility again!
Any news if online play works now in triiforce with rev 20? ive heard yes and no

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
XFlak said:
Lokao0 said:
Justin121994 said:
What about the trololo song lol?
I rofl'd
imagine seeing this everytime u start up your wii! (w/ and w/out splash screens), lol
if you want to download this, check out my "X-Flak's Crazy Intro Videos" thread!

Nice, that'd make a good little April Fool's joke!
smile.gif

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Marcan's an example of "not a very humble developer." Wanin just likes his work enough to add some flair, that's all.

Jesus people, what do you do when you get stuck on hold music, have a bloody nervous breakdown? Hit mute and quit bitching, we are lucky to have a dedicated dev like Wanin in the first place.

Midna said:
This sounds hoopy. Froody, in fact.

Edit: It's BS that Waninkoko includes shitty electric guitar and advertisments for Technoconsolas or whatever in his app. I just hit mute and get it over with, but he's not a very humble developer. He could at least put in less obtrusive music.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
No IOS Reload on USB? Bummer.

I was looking forward to playing splinter cell from my HDD, but I can't because the IOS reloads everytime I try to boot it. What good is IOS reload block if it don't work on USB?

That music rocks, but there is always the mute button for the rest of you.

bander

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SickPuppy said:
DGenerateKane said:

I was looking forward to playing splinter cell from my HDD, but I can't because the IOS reloads everytime I try to boot it. What good is IOS reload block if it don't work on USB?

look into sneek + di, it's the best option for IOS reloading games and new AP mechanics.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
bander said:
SickPuppy said:
DGenerateKane said:

look into sneek + di, it's the best option for IOS reloading games and new AP mechanics.
/Off-Topic SNEEK is actually pretty easy to detect right now, because it doesn't even tries to hide itself. Though I think that currently it has a canche that it will be ignored by Nintendo and Developers (due that it's not that easy to install, etc.), it can (and probably will) be a traget in the future. cIOSes and HBC are already targets, so my guess is that Nintendo will focus on them.

And about API/SNEEK: Actually, here's SNEEK currently the worst. While other loaders can patch BCA from a file, SNEEK is currently hardcoded, and if a new game with BCA would come out, SNEEK would have to be updated. And last time I heard that PoP:TFS won't work in SNEEK (due to a little bug which could be fixed). Dunno if it's fixed now, but still...

So, right now, your statement is true, but the question is for how long.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Midna said:
[waninkoko]'s not a very humble developer. He could at least put in less obtrusive music.
You sir, do not know the meaning of the word humble.

pop was fixed for me between r87 and r93.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol