Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well technically , thats not how to create a Wii backup .. I already had the games on a DVD-r from a previous download of games i already had ... keeping to the law and all , and i just used those DVD-r discs and created an image ... but now that u mention it , i may try it with an original game and see if that works as well.

Ill try it now and update in about an hour or so.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I know the difference, I just thought since you seem to know of the matter, maybe you wanted to fill the page.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah no problems - send me on a link in PM and ill throw up what i know in case anyone else needs this info.

Ohh and i can now confirm that the system i used (about 4 posts before this) will not work with original games ... it will only work with an ISO you have previously aquired and burnt.
It is handy if you happen to have two , or three , or 4 wii's and want a disc for each one.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Meowayne said:
Fye: Thanks again. Did you test with the Backup Launcher 0.1?
djtaz: I'll add that info to the Wiki, if you don't mind.
I'm using the original leaked version of Waninkoko's Backup Loader. I think the version is indeed 0.1beta (I would call it a alpha. maybe...
tongue.gif
).

Edit:
Just found out that the 0.1 version is the name given to the new Wiigator's loader... You can read my post to find more about all this
wink.gif

Edit's End
tongue.gif

Thanks for remembering me, I'll update my post with that info alongside the 'Hardware'.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated Harvest Moon: Magical Melody [PAL], Samba de Amigo [PAL] and Soul Eater: Monotone Princess [NTSC-J] with Backup Loader 0.1 compatibility:
Click here to read my compatibility test list.

PS.: Read the notes I posted at the beginning. They got some useful help about the tests and wikis.

chillme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys are worried about bricking your Wii from running this, then don't worry you can get another wii for free from this site wantafreegift.webs.com I got a wii from them as well as a PS3 and xbox 360 and a flat screen TV

I like it when a group hacks a console it means you can find and download free roms, but many people wish they could get a free console, well they can from the above link, It worked for me so I am just sharing the site with you. If you don't believe me, then go to the PROOF page of the site and see CNN, BBC and G4 talking about it.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chillme said:
If you guys are worried about bricking your Wii from running this, then don't worry you can get another wii for free from this ....If you don't believe me, then go to the PROOF page of the site and see CNN, BBC and G4 talking about it.

Only if a CNN news anchorwoman gives me a blowjob

panos75

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
djtaz said:
Hi Guys,

I havent seen any posts about this yet , so i said i would throw it up in case anyone was interested ... it may be posted and i may have missed it , if so apologies to anyone else who has already posted.

I have 2 Wii's - one is modded one is not. I had games backed up already for the modded wii so as not to damage the originals which is perfectly legal in my country.

Anyway , i realised that i needed the ISO file again in order to make a disc that would work on Waninkoko's software mod and since i didnt have the drives that could be used , nor did i have a large SD card for the wii, i decided to give the old fashion way a go.

I put a DVD-r game that i had already backed up and knew it was working on my modded wii into my laptop - i go IMGBurn and selected 'Create image file from disc' and saved it to my desktop at 2.4 speed.
I then had an ISO , i patched it for the other system and i burnt it again with ImgBurn at 3x and the game played perfectly.

So for anyone wondering if this will work , yes it will.

In brief :
If you have a backed up ISO for your modded wii, you can re-create the ISO, patch it, and reburn , and it will work on the Waninkoko's software loader.

How about the opposite? Is it possible for a backup-loader patched game, to be played on a hard-modded (chipped) wii without backup-loader installed?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
panos75 said:
How about the opposite? Is it possible for a backup-loader patched game, to be played on a hard-modded (chipped) wii without backup-loader installed?

Thanks for asking that panos75 - i forgot to mention that.

Unfortunaely any of the ones i tried didnt work, and even the ones i tried on the loader with on the modded console went a bit strange. Ill do some more investigating on that tonight after work and ill come back with a full answer to it all, but from initial testing (when i say testing i mean messing about) its not looking good for the modded wii and a patched game.

Modded Wii + Normal ISO = Yes
Non Modded Wii + Normal ISO = No

Modded Wii and patched ISO = No (even with loader , but i may need to try other settinga so this may be incorrect - yet to test )
Non Modded Wii + patched ISO = Yes (with boot loader software)

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated Battalion Wars II [PAL], Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaishi 3 [PAL], Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn [PAL], Mahou Sensei Negima: Neo Pactio Fight [NTSC-J], Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition [PAL], Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz [PAL] with Backup Loader 0.1 compatibility.
Click here to read my compatibility test list.

darthjulius

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi Everyone, I'm having problems with backup-creator for patching the ISOS, I've some ISOS (made by me using Waninkoko's DVD Dump program), I'm NTC but the problem is when I try to patch the isos, the program does it really fast and says it finished, and the created partition.iso file is just 2 KB size. What could be wrong?

This is what I get on MS-DOS:

C:\Users\julius\Downloads\backup-creator>backup-creator bigbrain.iso
[+] Creating backup ISO, please wait...
ISO size: 0.000 MB

Backup ISO created successfully!

[+] Press any key to exit...

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
darthjulius said:
Hi Everyone, I'm having problems with backup-creator for patching the ISOS, I've some ISOS (made by me using Waninkoko's DVD Dump program), I'm NTC but the problem is when I try to patch the isos, the program does it really fast and says it finished, and the created partition.iso file is just 2 KB size. What could be wrong?

This is what I get on MS-DOS:

C:\Users\julius\Downloads\backup-creator>backup-creator bigbrain.iso
[+] Creating backup ISO, please wait...
ISO size: 0.000 MB

Backup ISO created successfully!

[+] Press any key to exit...

what is the size of the original ISO? Im thinking you have made a bad ISO from the DVD dumper.

redgoat85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what if i installed DVDX, (oops, there was an uninstall option), and then installed ios249?

i'm guessing that's why i cant get sw:fu to run. The wii just makes loading noises while the tv displays.. nothing!

I tried uninstalling DVDx, and reinstalling just ios249. still nothing!

help!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after backing up Medal of Honor Heroes 2, I get the normal DVD size... but then when I use the backup loader, it only writes 1.55gig of data...

1646.781MB...

I load partition.iso up in ImageBurn, and it says it's not a valid disc image...
frown.gif

WiiSrubber says the wii disc image is fine, and I know my unaltered game works...

Anyone have any ideas?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
redgoat85 said:
and what if i installed DVDX, (oops, there was an uninstall option), and then installed ios249?

i'm guessing that's why i cant get sw:fu to run. The wii just makes loading noises while the tv displays.. nothing!

I tried uninstalling DVDx, and reinstalling just ios249. still nothing!

help!

You need both ios249 AND dvdx - and the DVDx has to be installed in advanced mode on the ios349 platform.
Check out the HOW TO on my sign and try to follow that - uninstall everything you can first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps