Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

Grav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got another question: Is there something like this for the wii that does the same job but for gamecube games?

thunderct

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trauma Center: Second Opinion PAL boots and loads to menu on my PAL Wii.

Burnt on Ridisc 8x DVD-R using Cyberlink Power2Go

Intro Movie stutters, load times are standard for DVDX reading

Played the intro prologue no problems, will report any failures if they occur further in gameplay

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are asking about running GC roms or something, then no I dont think anything is available. However I think you might be confused as this thread isn't talking about loading games via USB, we are talking about running Wii Backup DVD games.

Grav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just asking if there was something similar to the wii backup loader that worked with gamecube games in the same way on a wii. apparantly not.

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welp i have a pretty good idea how this whole thing works and sadly it will never have the speed issue fixed

the patcher decrypts the iso and stores it unencrypted as a dvd-rom image. the wii recognizes it and forces it into dvd-video mode which is locked at 3x speed and all the encryption calls specific to wii are locked out. to get around this the custom ios was made that could launch wii apis but alas, it will always be 3x speed. would take one hell of a hack to get the games to run at 6x. time to get a chip me thinks.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Captain Rainbow.

Burnt at 3x on IMGBurn.

Got full color and no skipping with HD cables and an HDTV.
NTSC .iso on an NTSC Wii.

Loads up fine (obviously it takes some tieme) and the intro story plays fine (the title screen skips a bit because there's a movie in the background), but when it finishes loading to get to the actual gameplay, it freezes.

I used a Verbatim DVD-R.

Should I get a DVD+R and set the booktype to DVD-ROM?

PKGINGO, How'd you get it to work?

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Red card for gbatemp which set the news "leak", the respect you not know ?
hate2.gif

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a quick question to toss out there.

I have an SDTV which I usually output to my laptop for recording. With the Wii not being able to give a clear picture using standard AV cables, would I be able to purchase component cables for the Wii, and THEN put those cords in the composite ports on my TV?

Basically I'm asking if it's the cable or the TV that's causing the PAL b/w issue here.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cant personally confirm YET but everyone is saying that it is the cable causing the problem. If you get composite cables then you should be able to play NTSC games in color. As for PAL b&w im not sure, might be the same issue...

squirrel007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible for me to play PAL games on my NTSC wii without posing destruction on my wii? Btw, im new to the scene, but great job guys. Lots of progress has been made in the past few days. Shame we have to do this on our own though because of the leak...

thunderct

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
squirrel007 said:
Would it be possible for me to play PAL games on my NTSC wii without posing destruction on my wii? Btw, im new to the scene, but great job guys. Lots of progress has been made in the past few days. Shame we have to do this on our own though because of the leak...

I have played NTSC on my PAL Wii and had no problem, so I assume it would be fine for PAL on NTSC. I believe some PAL games have been tested on NTSC in this very thred.

thunderct

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tested Manhunt 2 NTSC on my PAL Wii after my NTSC to PAL conversion didn't work. I can confirm that this too does not work on my PAL Wii.

My usual settings of 8x ridisc on Cyberlink Power2Go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup