Hacking WANINKOKO - Summary of NEW cIOS36 rev10

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lbalan79 said:
Since Waninkoko was looking at Excite Truck is there any way to fix some games like Sam & Max for example? It reboots the wii when starting the first level. There is a list of games not working with the USB loader. I would gladly beta test in case there is a fix.

Thank you

Once and for all:

All games that don't work on Gamma(start games by pressing "A", not rebooter!) and SoftChip won't work in the usb loader. Sam & Max and FarCry are 2 games that don't work in Gamma and SoftChip at all, so you really can't expect them to magically work in the usb loader.

And all games that need to be patched to IOS249 in order to work in Gamma and SoftChip, don't work in the usb loader. That's because these games load their IOS themselves and the usb storage gets disconnected by this. Yes i know you don't need to patch these games in Gamma and SoftChip if you have cioscorp installed, and only speaking of the need to patch to IOS249 is technically wrong. I'm sure Waninkoko is aware of this and if he figures out how to make these games working, he will do it immediately.

lbalan79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for clarification. Did not know those games load their own IOS so I apologize for my "noob" post.

I have one quick question just to understand. Do those game load their IOS directly from the disk(dvd) or they choose one already installed? If they load one from the disk does it get saved temporarly on one of the IOS slots or is directly into memory? If it is directly into the memory I guess a fix is far away from comming since that would require a wrapper around the game that actually patches the memory on the fly (not even sure this would be possible on WII).

Thank you

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
lbalan79 said:
Thank you for clarification. Did not know those games load their own IOS so I apologize for my "noob" post.

I have one quick question just to understand. Do those game load their IOS directly from the disk(dvd) or they choose one already installed? If they load one from the disk does it get saved temporarly on one of the IOS slots or is directly into memory? If it is directly into the memory I guess a fix is far away from comming since that would require a wrapper around the game that actually patches the memory on the fly (not even sure this would be possible on WII).

Thank you

Of course a wrapper that patches the memory on the fly is possible, ever hear of ocarina? I bet it would be possible, though time consuming, to make an ocarina code that did the necessary patching. Of course, each game would need it's own code, so it would take a while.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please understand the point in this topic before posting.

I will explain, one more time. (waninkoko & co ignore this)
Waninkoko is a very very busy guy, some others are busy too.

If you go back and read the topic from the start you can see from this example :

WBFS corruption PLEASE READ --> Possible fix for the WBFS corruption waninkoko confirms this fix "should" work, thanks AllWiidUp FIXED in 1.4

waninkoko read this post, saw a fix and went to the relevant topic. From there he was able to apply the fix. This means that AllWiidup spent some time, and waninkoko spent some time and between them fixed something.

My job is to save them both time. AllWiidup couldn't get in touch with waninkoko, and waninkoko couldn't find the post with the fix through all the "chaos". WiiPowers idea of pointing waninkoko to this thread meant that the fix was implemented within a very short time.

Now imho this was worth me taking time to post this as well, and really we're owe these people some help, even if very small.

So......

If you want to post (to HELP) do one of several things.

1 - Give me a link to a relevant post for me to add to the first post. (EG AllWiidups post) or a FAQ, or Wiki page (please)
2 - Point out something that is specific to the NEW cIOS, or NEW loader, whether it's the current 1.4, or the future 1.5, 1.6 (example).
3 - Post a "work around" for a bug. (as I suggested for LAN until it became apparent looking at the code, the problem was there)
4 - Make a wish that in theory can be done and have it added to the "wish list".

Don't ask questions that can be answered in a different topic, this is NOT a help thread. (post somewhere else, we will still help).
Don't post bugs we have confirmed, or agree with something on the wishlist, wish for something that's not on the wishlist yet.

Lets not slow these talented people down further by posting something they don't need to know.

Also post or better still pm me if you think the first post in this topic is wrong.

If anyone wants to gain respect here a good way would be to start the ball rolling on the wiki for these specific issues and send me a link.

Don't mean to sound like a dick, and thanks for the people who are helping thus far.
If you think about it though as a community we CAN help waninkoko and have done a little so far.
It's no coincedance he updated his loader a few times in one day, it was just a matter of pointing him to a decent post with a possible fix.

Lets not have the talented coders wasting time, lets help them save time to give us more goodies
wink.gif

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
My suggestions:
  • Fix the date issue. I'm sure this caused a problem with my World Tour DLC when SDs were being mounted in game.
  • Fix the SD not being shown in game. When not loading the game from the SD card itself, surely we can actually use SD features in game... like DLC in World Tour. :/

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stupid question....
now that I have the patched SM4.0, there's no problem to uninstall the rev9 before installing rev10...The patched IOS allow me to install cIOS, right?

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-- cant install game via usbloader (games installed on PC work)

-- wbfs panic: cannot modify this partition table. Please report the bug.

chicou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

we should use aome bug tracker sytem to get all bugs and fixes or submit patches.

my 0.02$

nice work btw.

Chicou

alpha0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I found that cios rev10 was not working with Menu Patcher or Menu Loader on a 4.0. Anyone got the same result?

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also for those that are having trouble with their external enclosures freezing up or crashing should try this fix if the drive in the enclosure is IDE. I set my drive via jumpers to drive select mode (vs master/slave forced) and I have had 0 problems with my setup since. Odd fix I know, but it worked for me.

If you try it, post your results in this thread if you would so this can continue on the OP's topic:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148797

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to add that Excite Truck works with Loader v1.4 and cIOS36 rev09, does not work with Loader v1.4 and cIOS36 rev10. This is on a USA Wii with Waninkoko's 4.0 installed.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

i'm playing with GeckoOS videomode implementation for better compatibility. I've implemented it in Wanin's basic loader 1.4.

Forcing:
- Game Default
- PAL50
- PAL60
- NTSC
- Autoforce (no Feature of GeckoOS, detect TV and force to the correct videomode)

VIDTV Patch is also implemented.

You can toggle the options with 1 and 2 button.

Please test it and give me a reply.

Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vjiutycmyiq/...MOD-Narolez.rar

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Waninkoko:
Do you have some information, about the games that need the IOS Version patching for disc based backup launching, you could share? Would it help if the IOS was hardcoded to load the specific game, maybe even with hardcoded sectors? I'm thinking of IOS Version patching the games on the fly to IOS250 and installing IOS250 hardcoded to the game. If you load this IOS250 then with anything, it loads that game.

PS: I would like it anyway if IOS Version patching was integrated in a way that keeps the original tmd too.
PPS: If that would work, this would provide disc channel loading too, as all you would need to do would be rebooting the system menu with using IOS250 to identify discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music