WANINKOKO - Summary of NEW cIOS36 rev10

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Slimmmmmm, Apr 12, 2009.

Apr 12, 2009
  1. Slimmmmmm
    OP

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    TRANSLATE - [​IMG] - [​IMG] - [​IMG] - [​IMG] - [​IMG]

So...... We are talking about cIOS36 rev10 & USB Loader 1.5

I'll re-edit this FIRST post with any info people feel should be pointed out.
    First off I'd like to say a HUGE thankyou to Waninkoko for releasing this, some people don't think that the SD loading is a good feature but imho it's great and opens the door for a lot of people.
    Some people have went out and bought a new HDD to find it it's not compatible so this will be good for them, also some of the poorer people will prefer to buy @ SD prices rather than HDD prices. If you don't like the SD loading, don't use it.

Now for this thread I will constantly re-edit as info comes in (hoping to save waninkoko reading through lots and lots.)
    If anyone makes a wiki or FAQ, I'll add links from here. If I'm not around someone else in my house will re-edit and we will try to check every hour or so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS - NOTE waninkoko has already provided a fix, make sure you have the new version (Usb Loader 1.5) before reporting bugs please. UPDATED NEW - 22 April
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

SUGGESTED FEATURES "Wish List"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINKS
    Original post - http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/ - SD/USB Loader v1.4 & cIOS36 rev10 ---> TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH

[​IMG] Multilanguage for Waninkoko's 1.4 USBL (Turkish) -Thanks WiiCrazy

FAQ - Anyone ? Make one give me link please.

Wiki - Anyone ? You get much respect for "starting the ball rolling" Start, and give us a link [​IMG]

I'm now going to read through all the info and start making this post concise, if anyone has anything to add and posts below, I'll re-edit this first post.

Again thanks Waninkoko, kwiirk, neimod, TeamTwiizers, devkitPRO devs, WiiGator & BETA testers etc [​IMG]

Also thanks for everyone on gbatemp for reporting bugs / suggesting improvements. (not gonna name check everyone, y'all know who you are) Will point out AllWiidUp who provided a great fix for waninkoko to solve the corruption issues.

2. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Any cIOS rev10 bugs fixed?

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    This thread is for collecting information for Waninkoko. If he doesn't know exactly what's wrong, he can't fix it.

We really need a wiki where everybody can add bugs and more detailed information about bugs.

4. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    I don't get it, I don't see a summary of the new cIOS36 rev10 in the OP.

5. suiller

Newcomer suiller Member

Italy
    it's a good idea...

anyway in my experience I'm using just usb loader 1.2 with western digital HD... I'm too lazy to change DVD every time, so it works all here

all other "important" app, such as preload (.29) or HB, still work as before

of course I'm on 4.0(E)

I just noticed some small issues... in the usb loader (1.2), for ex the arrow near the game name when you reach the top side simply vanish away, it's not a real problem, also because I look at the game images... but I noticed this small issue

thx,
    davide

6. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Better at least in the test phase he releases this new custom ios for another slot rather than 249... this way people can test it...

ps: nevermind, seen in the other thread it's already so...
    ps2: nevermind the second time... they are all 249 I guess... so my first suggestion still holds true...

7. suiller

Newcomer suiller Member

Italy
    great job Slim... you understood me perfectly [​IMG]

8. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Well, for me, there's a small or big improvement...

-I'm unable to load RedSteel, SSX and Co. with 1.1 (like all the others too [​IMG]). They give me a green or a black screen. With 1.2, I see at least the "Licensed by Nintendo"-Screen, or the Handwrist-Screen before my HD shuts down (?). That's a big improvement, I think [​IMG].

-Time Bug is still present for me...It shows the right day, month and Time, but the year is wrong (2010). And yes, the right date is configured in the Wii Seetings Menu...so it must be the loader...

-Oh, and the App crashes in a Code Dump, when it tries to load a big Cover (600x847). I know it's too big, but it was worth a try, right [​IMG]?

-And then the other bugs...(500GB-Partition, shows 0GB free, with 52 Games...yes shure [​IMG], ISO-Size, LAN, etc..)

9. Ell2Cool

Newcomer Ell2Cool Member

United Kingdom
    ive still got 1.1 and for me, SSX loads up to the wii remote wriststrap screen anyway, but fails after that.

10. shanefromoz

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I Love Waninkoko's v1.2 usb loader.
    My only issue is the free and used space information is incorrect.
    I have installed cIOS36 rev10 but still have that problem.
    I have no way to inform Waninkoko so if someone else could that would be gr8.

Cheers

11. Slimmmmmm
    OP

United Kingdom
    Please don't report bugs etc that are already in the first post it doesn't help waninkoko. This post is to hopefully make the information concise and factual

Please don't pm him unless you know him, or have something URGENT. Seriously he will NOT WANT pm's. If you want to tell him he's great or say thanks do so in a post in forums, not by filling his inbox (I imagine it's full with useless info)

Do post if you can add more details to problems, examples or offer a possible fix.

Someone can concentrate on a wiki or FAQ and we can add a link in the first post.

Thanks for all the useful contributions.

12. cocoman

Newcomer cocoman Member

Germany
    wii speak with animal crossing still doesn't work... please fix :_(

13. waninkoko

Member waninkoko GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Don't expect FAT32/NTFS/Ext2-3-4 support.

IOS250 is just a CIOS backup for precaution (if IOS249 gets corrupted or uninstalled).

WiiSpeak, USB microphones, etc. fixes in rev 11.

14. maglat

Newcomer maglat Advanced Member

Germany
    Great! we are looking forward for rev 11.
    Can you say something about the WBFS corrput bug?
    I think this is very important
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147969

15. kongsnutz

Member kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Australia
    hey Waninkoko........ dude

Is it possible to fix the IOS249 patched games in the next version............PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGER ON TOP hahahaha

16. cocoman

Newcomer cocoman Member

Germany
    are you serious? damn, you ARE the BEST!!!!! thanks for everything waninkoko, you're my master. [​IMG]

17. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Hey, new Infos from the "Time-Bug" I reported...

I think it doesn't exist [​IMG] ...because I deleted my old Save-File from ACWW (bye bye, my friends [​IMG]), and started a new game from the Loader (v1.3). Date was recognized proberly, I was also able to change it in the system menu, and it was still recognized proberly...changed it four times, no problem...so it works now. Don't know what caused the problem before...anyways...

18. Slimmmmmm
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks m8 [​IMG]

LAN

We need more info on this.

If you have a LAN adapter (I don't) try EVERYTHING please and post results.

Start with LAN = fail ?
    Start THEN connect LAN = ????
    Load game then connect LAN etc etc

Playing about and trying trial and error may provide information that can help others.

19. mooseknuckle2000

Member mooseknuckle2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can anyone confirm better game compatiblilty with this or is that strictly .dol related?

20. Slimmmmmm
    OP

United Kingdom
    Compatibility "seems" the same EG: games with problems still do. Although some reports problems games get slightly further before problems arise.

If anyone has a game that didn't work with the previous version and does now please post.

As always I'll update the first post to save people reading through the entire topic.