Hacking wakinoko CIOSrev14

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This would be a good way to prolong the life of the Wii. I am worried about NAND wearing out with all the copying of VC, Rock Band DLC, etc to it. So use an SD card instead, back it up, and if/when it dies, just put another card in.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
wingzrow said:
Will 14 fix the issue with not being able to play the metroid prime new play control titles from USB loaders? Or is that still impossible?

If you know how, you can do that already?
ALT DOL method isn't really prefered to some since it skips op, need saves etc, depending on the game

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
naamlooso.png

Sup dawg, I herd you liked system menus, so we put a system menu in your system menu, so you can system menu, while you are system menu'ing.

And Waninkokos cIOS rev14 has 35 20inch monitors in the back with a pop out snow cone maker. that makes your systemu menu cry like a whack B**TcH when you pirate.... or not

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW this is really impressive

how do you load the SD NAND? through a HBC app? Bannerbombing?

This could open up SO many things

for instance, the gecko on bannerbomb thing:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=167734

bannerbomb load a custom nand u make on ur SD Card which has gecko installed, then load it from there.

you can have a fresh wii and just load up a 3.2 wii with everything in the world on it lol

edit: stupid me just realized this is part of cios14 lol. so this whole nand loading isnt possible without installing it i suppose, aka, it cant simple be bannerbombed? how would u load it anyway still

D

Deleted-171178

Darkmystery said:
naamlooso.png

Sup dawg, I herd you liked system menus, so we put a system menu in your system menu, so you can system menu, while you are system menu'ing.
xzibitreaction.png

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
beegee7730 said:
Darkmystery said:
naamlooso.png

xzibitreaction.png

cat-pushing-watermelon.jpg

Any who, I really hope this cIOS fixes loads of old problems. And I can see great potential for Homebrews =)

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know if rev14 will fix the issue with usb loaders?, i mean having to reset/power off the wii after playing each game, before playing another.

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nikeymikey said:
Does anybody know if rev14 will fix the issue with usb loaders?, i mean having to reset/power off the wii after playing each game, before playing another.

Yes it will 100% fix that.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iceache said:
nikeymikey said:

Source? The first time I see someone saying rev14 will definitly fix this issue.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
iceache said:
nikeymikey said:

Source? The first time I see someone saying rev14 will definitly fix this issue.

It fixes it 100% for me
smile.gif

n8littlefield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work with an SDHC card (like an 8gig) and allow that full memory to be accessed by non-SDHC supporting games (ie Smash Bros, Guitar Hero World Tour, Rock Band 2) as the primary Wii memory source?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
Det1re said:
iceache said:
nikeymikey said:

It fixes it 100% for me
smile.gif
Look at this attention whore. Go kiss Quincy.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im no attention whore.

If i was i would have made a post about it.

I just confirmed the rev14 i got to test does fix the reset issue.

Im not even sure if the version im testing will be the final one or not anyway.

I was only testing it to see if it fixed spindown issues.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
n8littlefield said:
Will this work with an SDHC card (like an 8gig) and allow that full memory to be accessed by non-SDHC supporting games (ie Smash Bros, Guitar Hero World Tour, Rock Band 2) as the primary Wii memory source?

Seconded, would like to know. I assume it would only work if the emulator worked while in-game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s