Hardware Waiting for second version of 3DS?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 13,178
  • Replies 110

Are you going to buy the launch 3DS or wait for the second version?

• Launch 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later Version

• Not going to get it at all

• Total voters

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The SP actually came out in 2003, so it's two years after the Advance.
Therefore, it's likely the revision of the 3DS will come out after 2 years of the 3DS release.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Who says there will be a 2nd 3DS ?? If there will be a 2nd 3DS it won't be release in 2 / 3 years:

1. Cost a lot of money to do
2. 3ds games have to change
3. maybe it isn't possible to get better 3D without glasses yet

(It's only what I think so)

EDIT: p.s I'm not going to wait with buying a 3ds even when there'll be a 2nd 3DS because I really want to play those new games

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SOS-Rens said:
Who says there will be a 2nd 3DS ?? If there will be a 2nd 3DS it won't be release in 2 / 3 years:

most of these users are waiting for a redesign akin to the DS phat to DS Lite transition. Don't expect major hardware revisions, rather better aestheics/hopfully less sliders. Also a better battery would be excellent.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
DigitalDeviant said:
SOS-Rens said:

most of these users are waiting for a redesign akin to the DS phat to DS Lite transition. Don't expect major hardware revisions, rather better aestheics/hopfully less sliders. Also a better battery would be excellent.

Skin redesign ?? wtf I really like it now (specially the blue-black one, Multi color WOOT)

EDIT: Battery life could be better (but I say that on every DS ^^) and I also think the black around the screen makes the 3D effect to work better

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
ì go for the first one. First is best... i still think ds phat have better d-pad + ABXY LR buttons than all the other once have .

D

Deleted User

OP
Going for the first one, and getting a warranty from best buys, They have one of the best warranties ever, You can buy it for two years and keep exchanging it with no limit the first year.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't always get what I want.

Chances are I will be lucky to even be in a position to make a choice before the world ends in 2012
smile.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
BortzANATOR said:
See now im torn, I want to wait cause i know the will release a second one. But i REALLY dont want to get left behind
I'm going with the first model. When the GBA SP and the DS lite were released, they were mainly fixing glaring (literally) backlight flaws, and improving design. I like the current design and there won't be backlight problems. So I don't think the second model, when it comes, will be that much of a must have compared to the original.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CrimzonEyed said:
ì go for the first one. First is best... i still think ds phat have better d-pad + ABXY LR buttons than all the other once have .

But worse screen and backlight, that's always been the issue with GBA-DS, there's not a single revision that is perfect.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol, I may as well get both. When I bought my first DS Phat, the lite came into the scene, and I bought that too, then the DSi hit the limelight....I even bought. BUT not the DSi XL because it's just a bigger DSi without anything special (except that it won't fit your pocket). So there. I have a DS, DSL and DSi...and I expect to get probably every version of the 3DS too.

dragonking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm buying the launch 3DS on the first day. I'm not going to buy the 2nd version but maybe I'll buy the 3rd version. Looking at the past there will be 3 versions at least. I can't even wait for the first one so I think it is the best for me to buy the 1st and the 3rd.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to get one on launch day. If any future hardware upgrades add any functionality, then I will be getting those at my descretion.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, it'll be impossible for me to be able to afford a 3DS until the first release of it isn't sold anymore.

.....Which probably means I'll be waiting until the release of the 3DSiXL+.

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'll Want to wait until the 2nd iteration...especially if they did something crazy awesome like worked out a contract with Sprint or something for a 3G/4G connection (Skype video-chat app + Always online multiplayer 3DS games? Yes.).

Unfortunately, it probably will be a 2 to 3 year wait for something like that to work out, and I'll probably want to get a PSP2 by then (unless Sony repeats its primary mistake of, "be happy with what you got").

Argh- guess I'll just wait to see what games come out at launch, and what the reviews are like. It would really suck to see a 3DS 3G at E3 next year (unless, of course I don't buy the 1st iteration).

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely be getting the 3DS on launch, just because I can't wait for it!

That, and I can't wait to show it off to my friends.
happy.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manobon said:
I know I'll Want to wait until the 2nd iteration...especially if they did something crazy awesome like worked out a contract with Sprint or something for a 3G/4G connection (Skype video-chat app + Always online multiplayer 3DS games? Yes.).

Unfortunately, it probably will be a 2 to 3 year wait for something like that to work out, and I'll probably want to get a PSP2 by then (unless Sony repeats its primary mistake of, "be happy with what you got").

Argh- guess I'll just wait to see what games come out at launch, and what the reviews are like. It would really suck to see a 3DS 3G at E3 next year (unless, of course I don't buy the 1st iteration).
Nintendo isn't going to work out a contract with Sprint, so just keep on waiting. It sounds like you'd be willing to buy a PSP2 at launch, before investing in the first iteration of the 3DS, so what's the difference? Either you don't buy systems at launch, or you're particular to Sony(PSP). That's fine, but as a launch adopter of PSP (my PSP 1000 is 1.5 firmware since launch), I couldn't be more disappointed. Sony's last attempt was the Go, and that doesn't need any explaining.

My point?

Don't wait for something that is simply impractical, because it probably will never happen. If you don't buy a 3DS at launch, nobody cares, you miss out, and have to listen to everyone else talking about how awesome it is. The 3DS doesn't need contracts, neither does the PSP, and if it's that important to you then you should be in the iPhone vs 3DS thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system