Hacking waininkoko's 4.0 updater help needed

klandathu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I was at 4.0u, then downgraded to 3.2u using the "ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide, Backup Loaders Disc Channel USB"
Everything is working fine, but my Wii system memory is basically full, I want to move some VC, WiiWare, etc to SD card

So,

I have a copy of waininkoko's 4.0 updater but I don't know how to install/run it.
I have a copy of it on the root of my SD, and a copy in the apps folder.
I have preloader and tried to install it useing that it says "installed" but no changes have been made, I pressed 1 to run the file and I get an error.
I looked for it in the HBC but its not there.

How do I run this thing?

zebadboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok i'm not really sure if I should give you the answer, since it appears quite well that you are working with things you totally don't understand... You're like the mad scientists who made the atomic bomb.... XD anyway all you have to do is rename WAninkoko's updater's "whatever.dol" (not waInin...) in : "boot.dol" in a folder, in apps folder... so you can run it under HBC, the path should be something like: SD:/apps/waninkoko's updater/boot.dol ... Just to show you how "simple" this question was to answer, just go on : wiibrew.org , and search for the homebrew channel, there, it says it all.

I don't really wanna arsh, but it's the kind of question I see a lot on gbatemp, I'm pretty sure there is a topic somewhere with the same aswer as me... I mean com'on! first: don't use things you don,t know about! Second: search a lil bit before asking a question... anyway! you got your answer now go break your wii (wich is what you'll end up doing, using anything you pick up on the internet) he he ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol