• Good luck finding help, because I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Nintendo should definitely fix the console you messed up putting unauthorized software on it. Just give them a call. For real though. You did not take proper precautions, you messed up, the console is done. Go find a cheap wii, they're like $40 everywhere.

AlexFromDubiski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but since you don't have BootMii or Priiloader, your Wii's permabricked. I understand this probably isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I don't have any other answer, otherwise I'd be lying. Besides, it should be fairly common sense to install some form of brick protection before installing anything.

If I recall correctly, Nintendo doesn't repair Wii consoles anymore.

Thank you for your answer.

Would this then result to me buying another Wii?

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you from Texas? Based on your username, I'm pretty sure you went to my old high school. If so thrift stores and goodwill around here have wii's all the time from $30-$50 depending on what it comes with.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

Yes, your only option is to purchase another console. This should be easy, you can find them fairly cheap used.

AlexFromDubiski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you from Texas? Based on your username, I'm pretty sure you went to my old high school. If so thrift stores and goodwill around here have wii's all the time from $30-$50 depending on what it comes with.

Thank you. I suppose that is all possible to do.

And yes. I am in Texas.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh wow. Okay, Wii games are NOT meant to be Wad's. I don't know why "Crap" let you make them that way. I unfortunately have no solution, without any brick protection in place. Did you follow a guide when you modded your wii?

To elaborate, Wii memory is 512MB, the games you installed are obviously way over that.
This program “Crap” (besides: great name…) probably creates forwarders for disc-based Wii software. Some games cause banner bricks if used that way. I could find examples for Mario Party 9 and… Deca Sports 3. Here and here.

@AlexFromDubiski: Because you still get the stupid health warning you can try to access maintenance mode. (Hold “+” and “-” then press “A”). But I don’t think it will do anything.

Some information about different kinds of bricks: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_Hacking_FAQ#Bricks

If you get another Wii, do some reading before modding it. In short:
  • Use ModMii for an easy and automated process.
  • Install bootmii in boot2 (if possible) and as IOS.
  • Install Priiloader.
  • Installing custom channels/forwarders is a risk. You do not need forwarders for every game (only to have them show up in the system menu). USB Loader GX will do everything you need.
  • Make a NAND-backup and store it on more than one device. Restoring the backup is risky if bootmii can’t be installed into boot2. If you DO install custom channels and get a banner brick again, you do not need to restore the backup. You can start the Homebrew Channel from bootmii and/or Priiloader and use appropriate software (like Any Title Deleter) to delete faulty channel(s).
  • But: Do not randomly delete things.
  • Using an external HDD is better than flash drives. Many flash drives work poorly on the Wii.
  • Never follow outdated tutorials.

Reactions: GreyWolf and IC_

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like a banner brick. (One of the channels has a bad icon and the system menu is crashing trying to load it.)

As far as I know CRAP only made shortcuts to ISOs, but I'm not sure. I never tried it.

KleinesSinchen's post is probably the best advice I could give, too. You _might_ be able to get to the settings and uninstall them with maintenance mode but I wouldn't count on it.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 to suggest bannerbrick

Crap was a PC program to make channel shortcuts for your wii games to install on the system menu.
I know there were a couple of titles that caused banner bricks, ' marioparty 9' and 'a boy and his blob'were definitly two of these

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E