OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Ok,

I am dying to play Shadow Dancer on the Wii, so I got into wad injecting.

I am not sure if I have the right wad where I injected the rom of the Genesis release but I used Castlevania Bloodlines.wad. Is there a specific wad that I should use to inject into? Like a blank wad or some?

This worked out great, I used Injectuwad for the injection, but when I install it it still shows the banner from Castlevania.

So I searched the net and found a tool called Wadstudio which extracted the banner and icon files from Castlevania wad which I replaced with pictures which I edited with Gimp that the sizes, format and dimensions would match the original files...

Now Wadstudio is kinda wanting a .dol file which I should inject into the wad but I dont want to do this so... what next?

Is there a prog that can do it better, I know how to edit the banner and icon files but I am not sure about putting them back into the wad...

Is Bannertool the way to do it?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got Wadder but now I need a program which can convert graphic files into this TPL format.

Anyone knows one?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
G0dLiKe said:
Well, I got Wadder but now I need a program which can convert graphic files into this TPL format.

Anyone knows one?
WADder 3.1 Beta accepts .png-Files. Simpy go to Banner/Icon, and replace the Images with .png ones. WADder will do the rest.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Wadder is giving me errors when trying to replace the tpl files with png ones...

This is just friggin complicated...

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some things about wad injecting....

1. Don't use Autoinjectuwad. It may work sometimes, but I've had nothing but trouble with it.
2. Wadder won't help you much. You have to unpack the wad, then extract files from this unpacked wad, and even extract files extracted from the wad, etc. Wadder is mostly for making forwarders or homebrew channels easily.
3. You'll want wwpacker. It's available on these forums. It is insanely useful for wad injection.

Aside from all of this, you'll want a wad of a virtual console of the same type you're injecting. Like if you want to inject a Genesis game, you use a Genesis VC wad. There is no "blank wad" or any of that. You're basically altering things to make the VC emulator run your rom instead.

There is a guide on here for Genesis injection, and it has tools linked that will work on all types of VC stuff. If you have any trouble, post back here and I'll try to help you.

Some things I suggest getting for this:

1. A hex editor. I use Hex Workshop, but there are many others.
2. wwpacker, for reasons I stated above.
3. The tools pack from the Genesis injection topic. I forgot where it is, but I'm sure you can find it if you search a bit.
4. A PC emulator for the system you're injecting for, for making a screenshot and maybe verifying rom integrity depending on where you got the rom. (I only use no-intro roms.)

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
Some things about wad injecting....

1. Don't use Autoinjectuwad. It may work sometimes, but I've had nothing but trouble with it.
2. Wadder won't help you much. You have to unpack the wad, then extract files from this unpacked wad, and even extract files extracted from the wad, etc. Wadder is mostly for making forwarders or homebrew channels easily.
3. You'll want wwpacker. It's available on these forums. It is insanely useful for wad injection.

Aside from all of this, you'll want a wad of a virtual console of the same type you're injecting. Like if you want to inject a Genesis game, you use a Genesis VC wad. There is no "blank wad" or any of that. You're basically altering things to make the VC emulator run your rom instead.

There is a guide on here for Genesis injection, and it has tools linked that will work on all types of VC stuff. If you have any trouble, post back here and I'll try to help you.

Some things I suggest getting for this:

1. A hex editor. I use Hex Workshop, but there are many others.
2. wwpacker, for reasons I stated above.
3. The tools pack from the Genesis injection topic. I forgot where it is, but I'm sure you can find it if you search a bit.
4. A PC emulator for the system you're injecting for, for making a screenshot and maybe verifying rom integrity depending on where you got the rom. (I only use no-intro roms.)

Thanks bro, I found that wadder is kinda useless for me.

I´ve got wwpacker.

Ok, got it. I used a Genesis .wad so thats ok.

I didn´t find the thread about Genesis injection meanwhile but I keep searching. EDIT: I found it, its here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=137539

Its kinda annoying how much ppl say to use wadder, I asked some of my pals too, no one is realizing what I try to do and it always gives me riddles when wadder packs all together and its not a wad.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy.... I hate this already... Any easy way to replace the banner and icon file in a wad?

Please, someone help. It´s getting really frustrating.

Nothing is working.

I can inject the rom into the wad and it plays fine but with the other games banner and icon...

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no easy way to inject games. You more or less have to use the same tools.

Also, if it's giving you too much trouble, I suggest using the homebrew genesis emulator. I don't think injection is worth it unless you have a Nintendo 64 game or something else that won't emulate perfectly with homebrew.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
For convert your photo files to TPL files, you must use HowardC's VC Save Icon Maker. This make the save icons, banner icon and channel icon.
This creates the banner.tpl, VCPic.tpl and IconVCPic.tpl files for your photo.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ok,

I am dying to play Shadow Dancer on the Wii, so I got into wad injecting.

I am not sure if I have the right wad where I injected the rom of the Genesis release but I used Castlevania Bloodlines.wad. Is there a specific wad that I should use to inject into? Like a blank wad or some?

This worked out great, I used Injectuwad for the injection, but when I install it it still shows the banner from Castlevania.

So I searched the net and found a tool called Wadstudio which extracted the banner and icon files from Castlevania wad which I replaced with pictures which I edited with Gimp that the sizes, format and dimensions would match the original files...

Now Wadstudio is kinda wanting a .dol file which I should inject into the wad but I dont want to do this so... what next?

Is there a prog that can do it better, I know how to edit the banner and icon files but I am not sure about putting them back into the wad...

Is Bannertool the way to do it?
For a complete SEGA GENESIS injection (includes editing channel banner, custom save icon and save title), go to this tutorial:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/virtual...-mega-drive-wii-vc-injection-tutorial.541052/
Hope this help you! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1