teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
Lol, the website is taken down by the government

I wouldn't be surpised if that was "faked" as well. (the symbols on left/right of page did not look legit - IMO
huh.gif
)
It asked me to accept a certificate from cybercrime.gov; it's real

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol, the website is taken down by the government

I wouldn't be surpised if that was "faked" as well. (the symbols on left/right of page did not look legit - IMO
huh.gif
)
If you read the info of the certificate it'll say it's probably invalid because it belongs to a different site, so just fake.

zosh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
It's not. They included a call to cybercrime.gov in their page code which will do nothing but ask you to include the cybercrime.gov certificate (for the HTML adept: they referenced their home page in a JavaScript url, which will obviously throw a JavaScript error at best). It is still their web site, it is still fake. Gotta hand it to him/them, tho, it's a nifty way to fool people into thinking there's a connection between the two sites.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the government ever "takes" over a site by replacing it with something like that. They just flat-out shut them down and make them inaccessible.

Yes they would, happens all the time to sites
and it has an certificate so it's real

That's because they linked to the certificate from the Cyber Crime website. Check the source of the wab page.
HTML

The pop-up Firefox gives is because it's trying to load the certificate from another domain (wab.com).

In fact, I can do it to:
http://www.samutz.com/fakecert/

It should pop-up telling you it's trying to load a cert from whitehouse.gov.
The HTML is exactly the same except I swapped crybercrime.gov with whitehouse.gov.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The page that is up now is a lie!!! He cant have plead guilty in a US court on January 25, 2008! It is only the 24th here in the states. He must be trying to go out with a bang. He gives us a broken link to a nonexistant demo, then dissappears.
He is just trying to get remembered without working on real console hacking!

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh yeah the whole thing is fake.

The "homebrew game" was proven fake. And the government taking over the page is fake as a lot of you have pointed out. Homebrew isn't illegal. It was freeware.
Had the site been selling modchips then depending on where it was hosted then yeah it could have been taken down, but that's not what it was doing. Silly prank
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy